RN Coordinator (PRA)
University of Colorado - School of Medicine
RN Coordinator (PRA)
The University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.
Nature of Work
As a member of the research team this position is responsible for conducting key aspects of research for industry-sponsored and/or investigator-initiated clinical trials in accordance with the trial protocols, FDA Regulations, and ICH/GCP Guidelines. The person in this position is accountable for meeting study-specific goals and timelines, performing and assisting with clinical tasks related to study-specific tests, procedures, and treatments within scope of practice. In addition to acting as a clinical research coordinator, the RN Coordinator is also responsible for obtaining vital signs, phlebotomy, specimen processing, EKG's, drug administration, and protocol specific tests and procedures as assigned based on appropriate licensure and/or completion of competency documentation and team needs. The incumbent coordinates study subject appointments throughout the study and is responsible for data entry, study subject advocacy, and day-to-day management of their studies. Effective communication with study subjects, investigators, and other team members is essential for this position. This position is responsible for providing outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
Examples of Work Performed
- Obtains medical history and current medications, reviews protocol inclusion/exclusion criteria, and confirms eligibility of subject. Ensures that the informed consent process has occurred, is properly documented and filed as required.
- Interviews prospective subjects for multiple clinical studies. Familiarizes potential subjects with the details of the study through phone contacts and personal interviews.
- Schedules subject participation in research, coordinating availability of necessary space, and clinical support (including but not limited to physician, nurse practitioner, laboratory, radiology, pharmacy). Is familiar with all records required for each study, reviews records after each visit for completeness and accuracy
- Abstracts and records all patient data essential to the study onto required Case Report Forms (CRFs) and into the Clinical Trials database, as needed, in an accurate and timely fashion. Maintains patient clinical research files.
- Reports adverse events and serious events to appropriate parties; e.g. Principal Investigator, Study Sponsor, FDA, Data and Safety Monitoring Committee (DSMC), Regulatory Affairs Coordinator.
- Serves as a contact person for ongoing clinical research studies. Schedules monitoring visits and meets with representatives from sponsoring pharmaceutical firms or in-house staff for initial orientation to studies and for review of study records.
- Implements care and services that recognize age-specific needs and issues for customers served.
- Participates in DSMC audits.
- Assures adherence to all research standards as set forth by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), the Office for Human Research Protections (OHRP), UCH, University of Colorado Denver (UCD), National Cancer Institute (NCI) and other pertinent regulatory agencies.
Patient Care Responsibilities
- Collaborates with hospital staff to ensure tests and procedures required by clinical protocols are performed and documented. These include, but are not limited to vital signs, phlebotomy, specimen processing, EKG's, drug administration, and protocol specific tests and procedures.
- May be called upon to perform the following specific tests and procedures: a) electrocardiogram, b) blood pressure, pulse, height, weight, and temperature measurements, c) phlebotomy (direct venipuncture) d) specimen processing and shipping
This description is a summary only and is describing the general level of work being performed, it is not intended to be all-inclusive. The duties of this position may change from time to time and/or based on business need. We reserve the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of the supervisor and/or hiring authority.
Graduation from an accredited school of nursing
NECESSARY SPECIAL QUALIFICATION: Candidates must have an active RN License. Candidates must have an active Colorado nursing license or ability to obtain their Colorado license prior to start date.
Please include a copy of your current RN license with your submission.
- 1 year of RN experience in research and/or oncology
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent interpersonal communication, organizational skills, and ability to problem solve and multi-task.
- Good command of the English language, both written and verbal.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to interpret and master complex protocol information.
- Knowledge of basic human anatomy, physiology, medical terminology
- Excellent computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office products
- Knowledge of common pharmaceutical terminology
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Total Compensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensation
Diversity and Equity:
Please click here for information on disability accommodations: http://www.ucdenver.edu/about/departments/HR/jobs/Pages/JobsatCUDenver.aspx
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 14818
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20164 - SOM-MED-BoneMarrow Transplant
Posting Date: Oct 12, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Spencer LaFasto
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
Position Number: 00754658