Event Parking Supervisor
Areas of Intereset: Law Enforcement/Security
Functional Areas: Infrastructure & Sustainability
Department: Parking Services
Requisition Number: 13745
Employment Type: University Staff
Posting Close Date: 04-Nov-2018
Parking Services at CU Boulder welcomes applications for an Event Parking Supervisor. In this position, you will act as a special event supervisor who oversees concession sales, general and reserve parking, and traffic flows in specified areas on the CU Boulder campus. The position is a 1% on-call position working events that include evenings, weekends, and holidays with no guarantee of any number of work hours. The Event Parking Supervisor has uniform requirements and is responsible for knowing and complying with uniform policies. In addition, you will be assigned to various shifts and must be able to follow and understand written and verbal instructions related to the specific event’s logistics. As this position deals regularly with the public, we are looking for someone with excellent customer service and problem solving skills.
Who We Are
Parking Services of CU Boulder is responsible for the construction, maintenance, enforcement and permit sales for most of the university's existing and new parking facilities and providing staffing and parking plans for thousands of annual campus events.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
- Responsible for coordinating event related assignments and equipment for an assigned group of parking attendants, comprised of students and contract agency employees, within a defined area of campus.
- Make quick decisions related to unique variables that may occur during events.
- Work independently with and without direct supervision and must be able to make quick decisions related to unique variables that may occur during events.
- Provide detailed onsite briefings related to the specific event’s logistics.
- Oversee parking attendant sellers at campus events and as such may have access to large amounts of money and needs to be able to understand and operate/troubleshoot the ParkHub in-lane payment system.
- Adhere to CU and Parking Services of Internal Audit regulations.
- Keep Events Managers fully informed of event equipment, personnel, and event-related topics.
- Listen to guests' needs in order to provide satisfactory solutions to their questions or situation.
- Possess a knowledge of campus geography, parking facilities, and procedures.
- Communicate to a diverse clientele.
- Discuss parking costs and general information about campus or local amenities.
- Responsible for reading and understanding event position assignment documents and for all necessary tools required on post such as, correct uniform, radio, traffic vest, flashlight etc.
- Complete all University of Colorado at Boulder required trainings, in addition, to Parking Services required trainings.
- Track assigned events and other duties.
What You Should Know
- Position is a 1% on-call position working events that include evenings, weekends, and holidays with no guarantee of any number of work hours.
- You must be able and willing to work outdoors in varied weather conditions
What We Can Offer
Salary starts at $16.50, plus shift differential for evening hours.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
Be Engaged. Be Proactive. Be Boulder.
What We Require
- There are no education or experience requirements.
- A current, valid driver's license is required.
- Incumbents must be available to work a minimum number of events: An average of 5 event or equipment shifts a month in addition to all mandatory shifts deemed critical by Parking Services leadership.
What You Will Need
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Ability to make quick decisions when necessary.
What We Would Like You To Have
- Familiarity with campus and using a smart phone.
- Previous supervisory experience.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
1. A current resume.
2. A cover letter that specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications.
You will not be asked to upload references at this time.
This posting will close on November 4, 2018.
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: HRESmail@colorado.edu
The University of Colorado is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer