FOH Dining Attendant
Areas of Intereset: Food Service
Functional Areas: Student Affairs
Department: Department of Housing Administration
Requisition Number: 13343
Location: Boulder, Colorado
Employment Type: University Staff
Posting Close Date: 03-Nov-2018
The University of Colorado Boulder for campus in Boulder, CO seeks multiple Dining Services III – Front-of-the-House Dining Attendants to provide operational support to FOH (Front of House) and BOH (Back of House) dining service operations; practice safe food handling techniques, follow standardized operating procedures and provide excellent customer service; set up and tend to drink and service lines, dish rooms and dining rooms, stock service ware, sanitize high contact surfaces and adhere to recycling procedures; assemble ingredients, prepare meals while using a variety of cooking equipment and techniques, clean meal preparation areas and dishes and assist with setup and cleanup of production areas; assist with food safety and sanitation procedures; follow A9 labeling and ParTech procedures, clean furniture and floors and serve on food safety response team in case of emergencies; provide quality customer service, train new staff members and perform additional duties as assigned.
Who We Are
Housing & Dining Services, Campus Dining Services exists to provide 3.3 million meals per year for the students, staff, faculty and guests of the university. Campus Dining Services is comprised of Residential Dining Halls, Catering and Retail outlets which operate year round. Campus Dining leads the industry with superior quality food and exceptional dining experiences. We continue to expand our sustainability initiatives and reduce our carbon footprint in our daily operations, including efforts in resource recovery, conservation and food sourcing. We are committed to providing options and information to all of our guests with dietary restrictions and allergens, including vegan, vegetarian, kosher and Halal choices, supported by a strong allergen awareness program called A9 ® Identified.
What You Should Know
This is an essential services position. The incumbent will be required to report to work for regular assigned shift during emergency campus closures.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
Be Effective. Be Inclusive. Be Boulder.
What We Require
- 24 months of previous experience in a related dining services position.
- English proficiency.
- Must complete all university required trainings within 30 days of hire - A Servsafe certification and/or a certificate appropriate for the position level, or the ability to obtain Servsafe certification or a certificate appropriate to the position level within 6 months of being hired. Servsafe certification or certificate appropriate to the position level must be maintained for the duration of employment.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds of weight occasionally, up to 20 pounds of weight frequently and up to 10 pounds of weight constantly.
- Ability to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, reach, handle, fingering and feeling to perform job duties.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
1. A current resume.
2. A cover letter that specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications.
Please apply by November 3, 2018.
This position is designated "essential services." The incumbent is required to respond to requests for work during campus emergencies (snow, wind, rain, flood and any other natural or man-made event) and report to work for his / her regularly assigned shift during emergency campus closures.
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
The University of Colorado is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer