Areas of Intereset: Custodial
Department: Facilities Management
Requisition Number: 13349
Location: Boulder, Colorado
Employment Type: Classified Staff
Posting Close Date: 03-Nov-2018
The University of Colorado Boulder for the campus in Boulder, CO seeks a Custodian I – Facilities Management to clean and sanitize academic, administrative and research facilities on campus, to provide solid waste and recycling services to the campus community, and to perform substitution duties in vacant areas or to cover employees on leave and perform emergency clean up duties as necessary; dust and/or wash windowsills, blinds, woodwork, doors, furniture, overhead pipes, and light fixtures; clean elevator walls; wash blackboards, whiteboards, blackboard frames, chalk trays, and erasers, vacuum stairwells, floors, and entryways; provide consistent cleaning to bathroom, specifically picking up debris, emptying feminine waste receptacles, restocking supplies, disinfecting floor, cleaning toilets with brush, and cleaning mirrors and countertops with squeegee; maintain facilities of entrances on campus including sweeping, emptying ashtrays, and cleaning entry doors; snow and ice removal including shoveling and applying ice melt; report custodial equipment that needs repairs and perform minor maintenance on equipment; prioritize duties appropriately to avoid interference with classes, counseling programs, research, and other functions of students, staff, and faculty.
Who We Are
Facilities Management is responsible for the overall physical development and maintenance of the campus. The mission of the department is to provide a safe physical environment that promotes the advancement and transfer of knowledge. We are currently looking for hardworking, reliable individuals to join our team.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
Be Empowered. Be Impactful. Be Boulder.
What You Will Need
- 6 months of experience in university setting as a custodian or in related occupation.
- Must be a current Colorado resident.
- Ability to communicate to exchange information; ability to understand written instructions regarding assignments and comprehend "specialist task cards."
- Ability to understand and comprehend lab safety notices and symbols.
- Ability to lift up to 100 pounds of weight occasionally, up to 50 pounds of weight frequently, and up to 20 pounds of weight constantly.
- Ability to kneel, crouch, crawl, or reach.
- Ability to handle exposure to hot, cold, wet, humid, or windy conditions; ability to handle exposure to non-weather related cold temperatures; ability to handle exposure to fumes, noxious odors, dusts, mists, gases, poor ventilation.
- Ability to extend arms and grasp, turn, seize, and hold with hands.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
1. A current resume. Must include date ranges and whether full time or part time work.
2. DD-214 for veteran applicants.
a. Qualified veterans are eligible for veteran’s preference points within the State classified system. If you are a veteran and would like to have your DD214 evaluated to determine your eligibility for preference points, please attach a copy of your DD214 to this posting. If you do not wish to upload a DD214, please email a copy to [email protected] or send via fax at 303-492-4693 and reference the job to which you are applying.
You will not be asked to upload references at this time.
Please apply by November 3, 2018.
Select here for additional information regarding Classified Staff positions: www.cu.edu/cu-careers/special-instructions-classified-staff-applicants
This position is designated "essential services." The incumbent is required to respond to requests for work during campus emergencies (snow, wind, rain, flood and any other natural or man-made event) and report to work for his / her regularly assigned shift during emergency campus closures.
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
The University of Colorado is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer