Areas of Intereset: Custodial
Functional Areas: Student Affairs
Department: Department of Housing Administration
Requisition Number: 13767
Location: Boulder, Colorado
Employment Type: University Staff
Posting Close Date: 28-Oct-2018
Housing & Dining Services welcomes applications for a Custodial Supervisor. This position will supervise Environmental Services efforts for multiple housing facilities, as well as coach and mentor Custodian I’s and II’s to help them work effectively as a team.
Who We Are
HDS strives to provide CU students, faculty, staff, and families with an exceptional living experience through our support services, award-winning dining and innovative programs.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
- Mentor and coach Custodian I/II Teams for Team Cleaning.
- Form teams for executing the Team Cleaning Program.
- Coach employees so they are able and willing to rotate through the different specialist positions.
- Train the formed teams so they perform the duties as scheduled on the task cards and area floor plans and inspect to confirm compliance with task cards and APPA cleanliness standards.
- Provide training on the equipment necessary for team cleaning.
- Perform area substitution duties in vacant areas or to cover for employees on leave and perform emergency clean-up duties as necessary.
- Plan, assign, coordinate, inspect and review custodial routine cleaning activities, according to assigned schedules and floor plan.
- Coordinate summer cleaning and team assignments of residence halls to prepare for conferences.
- Schedule emergency overtime.
- Prepare and review with employees their yearly performance management plans.
- Conduct coaching sessions with employees.
- Inform employees of current policies, procedures and problems.
- Keep employees up to date on departmental initiatives.
- Distribute, collect, and order keys for custodians.
- Follow card reader procedures.
- Approve employee time in Kronos weekly.
- Schedule and plan ahead for employee time off.
- Prepare documentation for verbal, corrective and/or disciplinary actions, and recommend the type of action.
- Review and recommend equipment and materials purchases.
- Schedule equipment for repairs.
- Review, order and distribute supplies and materials for custodians and building users.
- Schedule equipment for repairs.
- Provide updated information in regards to room use type and changes in floor surface to keep data up to date.
- Prepare ongoing continued education and training opportunities for employees. Training programs curriculum range from introductory to advanced. Includes care of floors, bathrooms, living areas, sleeping areas, common lounge areas, drapes and blinds, work safety, efficient work practices, industry standards, and team cleaning.
- Schedule and participate in work inspection of buildings and documents results.
- Serve as a member of Housing & Dining Services Environmental Services management team.
- Assist the director of environmental services in developing budgets, staff patterns, emergency response, and customer satisfaction surveys.
Communication with Customers
- Meet with hall directors, building users, and maintenance personnel regarding custodial activities and building repairs.
What You Should Know
- Use of a university vehicle will be required to complete some of the job duties.
- Anticipated working schedule is Monday-Friday 3:30 PM-12:00 AM.
What We Can Offer
The anticipated starting salary is $42,096.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
Be Adaptable. Be Strategic. Be Boulder.
What We Require
- At least two years of custodial or laundry experience appropriate to the work assignment.
What You Will Need
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills.
- Very detail oriented.
- Highly personable and customer service-oriented approach.
- Ability to maintain quality and quantity standards.
- Ability to complete work thoroughly in a reasonable amount of time.
- Basic computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Working knowledge of computers (to enter time records, write emails to customers, assign work orders).
What We Would Like You To Have
- Six months of supervisory experience.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
1. A current resume.
2. A cover letter that specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications.
You will not be asked to upload references at this time.
Please apply by October 28th.
This position is designated "essential services." The incumbent is required to respond to requests for work during campus emergencies (snow, wind, rain, flood and any other natural or man-made event) and report to work for his / her regularly assigned shift during emergency campus closures.
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
The University of Colorado is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer