Admin Assistant II
Applications will be accepted until Monday, February 12, 2018.
Candidates are required to submit the following to be considered for this position:
- Resume, with date ranges, whether it was full or part time, and hours per week worked.
- Cover letter, outlining how your skills meet those required for this position.
- A list of professional references.
What we offer:
The salary range for this position starts at $2,783.00 - $2,922.00 per month. The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid holidays and time off, and a tuition benefit.
- Front desk, which will includes greeting and checking patients/clients in and out, answering phone calls, scheduling appointments, and answering questions and directing people to the proper resources.
- Collecting payments for services and preparing tickets in electronic medical record system.
- Balancing charges and revenue received with electronic medical records and superbills at the end of each business day.
- Scanning patient documents into electronic medical record system as well as assisting with file maintenance and purging of inactive charts.
- Maintaining current list of office supplies and sending list of needed supplies to the office manager on a weekly basis. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent interpersonal, and communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a multi-cultural, integrated environment
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with diverse teams
- Demonstrated ability to perform multiple tasks and be flexible and adaptive in a changing, fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to complete tasks independently
- Two (2) years of experience working in a medical office, counseling office, or K-12 school setting. Substitution: Completion of Medical Administrative Assistant or similar program that includes internship hours from an accredited college, university or non-correspondence trade school may substitute for experience.
- Experience working with an electronic medical record system
- Experience working in a college health setting
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations
- Knowledge of and ability to use office electronic calendaring software
- Knowledge of applicable computer applications and basic computer functions
Special Instructions to Applicants:Classified Staff positions have specific application requirements: Submit all required documents indicated in this posting. Include a current email address as communication is electronic-based. Failure to complete a timely application may result in the rejection of your application. Applications MUST be completed in their entirety, including job title, duties, months and years employed, and hours per week worked as minimum experience is calculated on a 40 hour/week basis. Address qualifications, competencies and preferred qualifications in your application, as these along with previous work experience will be used to assess competencies. Answers will be verified against your application and may be checked with references. False information could lead to your removal from the hiring process. Click here to view Veteran and other General Information regarding Classified Staff positions.
Part of, if not the entire, comparative analysis process for this position will involve a review of the information you submit in your application materials by Subject Matter Experts. Therefore, it is essential that in the experience portion of your application material, you describe the extent to which you possess the education, experience, and competencies outlined in the job announcement as well as the required and/or preferred qualifications/competencies and pre-screening questions. Failure to include adequate information or follow instructions may affect your status and prevent you from being considered in subsequent measures used to arrive at a top group of applicants.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV
Application Materials Instructions:To apply, please submit the following materials to this posting at https://www.cu.edu/cu-careers 1. A current resume. Must include date ranges, whether full time or part time, and hours per week worked. 2. A cover letter that specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications. 3. DD-214 for veteran applicants.
Job Category: Administrative Support and Related
Primary Location: Colorado Springs
Department: C0001 -- Colorado Springs Campus - 40127 - SSVC-Counseling & Career Devlp
Posting Date: Feb 8, 2018
Closing Date: Feb 12, 2018, 11:59:00 PM
Posting Contact Name: Hortencia Ysarraraz
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
Position Number: 00400716