Areas of Intereset: Healthcare
Functional Areas: Student Affairs
Department: Wardenburg Health Center
Requisition Number: 13671
Location: Boulder, Colorado
Employment Type: University Staff
Posting Close Date: 22-Oct-2018
Medical Services (Sexual Reproductive Health Clinic) at Wardenburg welcomes applications for a Nurse II. This position provides comprehensive sexual and reproductive health services to patients in a college setting. Essential functions of this position include:
- Providing Sexual and Reproductive Health nursing care, counseling, and education to patients and CU community.
- Coordinating follow up regarding high-risk diagnoses.
- Collaboration with SRHC Gynecologist and Advanced Practice Nurse to continue development of ‘RN Standing Orders’ to improve quality of care, clinic efficiency, patient flow, safety, and support use of most appropriate level HCP for every patient visit.
- Assisting in managing clinic flow and triage.
- Collaboration with the department manager and SRHC gynecologist to update and revise the RN Policy and Procedure manual.
Who We Are
Medical Services (SRHC) staff understands and is committed to the unique health concerns of our student population, making us an unparalleled source of advocacy for student wellness at CU Boulder. We provide a comprehensive range of health care services in several on-campus locations. The Wardenburg Medical Clinic provides a wide range of health care services for students including, but not limited to: primary care for illnesses and injuries, as well as chronic conditions, physicals, sexually transmitted infection testing and treatment, allergy shots, vaccinations, travel health care, and concussion care.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
- Administer patient care by assessing and identifying patient needs, interpreting data to formulate a nursing diagnosis and plan of care which includes patient education, counseling, advising and/or referrals and evaluating care.
- Provide care to all scheduled patients, "walk-in" patients as needed, phone calls, referrals from and to other providers and departments.
- Coordinate follow up regarding high risk and other designated patients.
- Provide general follow up such as lab/imaging/abnormal cervical cancer screening results/procedures per collaboration with the physician and mid-level providers.
- Continue to develop and evaluate RN standing orders, competencies, and policies with SRHC Gynecologist to increase clinic efficiency, patient safety, quality of care, and patient flow. Act independently within boundaries of standing orders and Nurse Practice Act.
- Maintain current knowledge of Wardenburg SRHC policies and assists in revisions.
- Monitor stock medications and/or devices and reconciles monthly- checking for expired medication/supplies.
- Assist department manager, as directed with quality improvement projects.
HPV Vaccine Program Coordination
- Coordinate the HPV vaccine program, including monitoring supply of vaccine, administers the vaccine, and provides counseling to the student re: HPV and prevention, advises staff of latest development or updates.
What You Should Know
- This position is expected to work at least one day per week, however more hours may be available during the orientation period.
What We Can Offer
The anticipated annual starting salary for a 100% time Nurse II is $65,832.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
Be Adaptable. Be Supportive. Be Boulder.
What We Require
- Registered Nurse with State of Colorado upon hire.
- At least 2 years of professional experience.
- Current BLS certification.
- Basic functional computer skills (experience with Windows based systems).
What You Will Need
- The ability to identify emergency situations.
- Experience with computers and Electronic Health Records (EHR).
- The ability to prepare and administer medications and immunizations.
- The ability to properly administer subcutaneous and intramuscular injections.
- The ability to be thorough and effective with documentation and communication.
What We Would Like You To Have
- Experience in women's sexual and reproductive health.
- Experience working with electronic medical record.
- Experience working in college setting.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume.
- A cover letter that specifically addresses how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications and responsibilities of the position.
You will not be asked to upload references at this time.
Please apply by October 22, 2018.
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
The University of Colorado is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer