Areas of Intereset: Administrative Support
Functional Areas: Strategic Relations & Communications
Department: Office of Strategic Relations
Requisition Number: 13626
Location: Boulder, CO
Employment Type: University Staff
Posting Close Date: 21-Oct-2018
The Office of Strategic Relations now welcomes applications for a 75% time Office Administrator. The Office Administrator is a key member of the finance and accounting team overseen by the Director of Finance, and directly supervised by the Senior Staff Accountant. This position is responsible for managing all aspects of administrative support to the Office of Strategic Relations and Communications by planning, prioritizing, executing, and applying proper office policies and procedures to meet the needs of the department. The position is responsible for managing all of the day-to-day operations of the department, and recommends improved processes and/or improved operations for the overall daily functioning and administration of the department. This position is responsible for maintaining open, efficient, collaborative, and collegial communications with team colleagues and departmental colleagues, being a solid team player, and exhibiting an enthusiastic attitude toward the maintenance of a well-functioning and positive work environment for the department.
Who We Are
Strategic Relations and Communications facilitates an integrated approach to campuswide marketing and communications to inspire greater CU Boulder engagement, affinity and support.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
- Analyze and execute internal processes, and recommend procedural and/or organizational changes to improve operations.
- Analyze data to inform operational decisions or activities.
- Create and execute processes, procedures, and necessary forms and/or files to maintain proper administrative functioning of the department.
- Plan, administer and maintain electronic documents for contracts, equipment, and office supplies. Prepare operational progress or status reports.
- Direct all facility maintenance and/or repair activities for department.
- Purchase materials, supplies, equipment, or other resources for department.
- Manage all aspects of Information Technology duties for the department. This includes assisting staff with any needed equipment repairs, purchases, replacements, working with IT Dedicated Desktop Support personnel on computer purchases/repairs/replacements and managing the IT storage room.
- Update and maintain staffing lists, organizational charts, and any other departmental listings.
- Manage furniture disposal process through Asset Management Services. Position acts as liaison for office keys, telecom services, and parking services.
- Perform any other duties in support of Strategic Relations including those assigned or requested by Supervisor, Director of Finance, Managers, Assistant Vice Chancellors, or Vice Chancellor in a timely, efficient, and professional manner.
- Apply knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction. Applies knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, and coordination of people and resources. This could include Employee Engagement activities for the department.
- Review, adjust, correct, process, and approve all Procurement Card expense reports assigned to position. Also responsible for Travel Card expense reporting, including assistance with arranging staff travel plans, researching travel requests from staff, providing assistance with training, and overall general support for all departmental staff. Weekly review, documentation, and electronic filing of Aging PCard, Travel Card, and CU Marketplace reports.
- Review weekly CU Marketplace report purchases less than $10,000 checking for accuracy and compliance with University policies and procedures on a weekly basis. Authorizes receiving of PO's, SPOs, Vouchers, in CU Marketplace -- if applicable -- per PSC policies & procedures.
- Investigate and resolve problems related to receipt of goods and/or services.
What You Should Know
This is a part-time, 75%-time position, which will be expected to work approximately 30 hours per week.
What We Can Offer
Salary Range Starts at $36,000 for this 75% time position.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
Be Proactive. Be Professional. Be Boulder.
What We Require
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, business administration, or related field.
- 1-2+ years of relevant professional business/office management experience, including accounting experience.
- Demonstrated proficiency and solid working, advanced knowledge of MS Office software (Excel, Power Point, Word, etc.).
- Demonstrated proficiency with financial and accounting applications, and other software needed to do the job.
- Strong attention to detail, and delivery of high quality work product.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task under demanding work conditions.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Proactive approach to problem solving.
- Solid team player with strong communication and collaboration skills, but also works well independently.
What We Would Like You To Have
- Advanced, demonstrated proficiency and working knowledge of MS Office software, in addition to Adobe Creative Cloud Suite of applications.
- Working knowledge of higher education administrative environment.
- Solid experience with Concur Travel & Expense software application.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume.
- A cover letter that specifically addresses how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications and responsibilities of the position.
You will not be asked to upload references at this time.
This posting will close on October 19, 2018.
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: HRESmail@colorado.edu
The University of Colorado is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer