I&S Administrative Assistant
Areas of Intereset: Administrative Support
Functional Areas: Infrastructure & Sustainability
Department: Office for Infrastructure and Safety
Requisition Number: 13739
Location: Boulder, Colorado
Employment Type: Classified Staff
Posting Close Date: 21-Oct-2018
The I&S Administrative Assistant will assist the I&S Vice Chancellor’s Executive Aide and the Chief Sustainability Officer with day to day operations by managing internal and external correspondence. This includes providing administrative and receptionist support, facilitating communications, calendaring, procurement tasks and other duties that support the mission of the I&S division. You'll serve as the department’s first point of contact which requires the ability to identify confidential topics and to conduct oneself with professional demeanor at all times.
Who We Are
The Office of Infrastructure and Sustainability (I&S) oversees an annual operating budget of $112 million. Areas of responsibility include long-range capital planning, real estate development, architecture, design and construction, the operation and maintenance of all campus facilities and utilities, transportation services, workplace accident prevention and the creation of a safe working environment for campus employees, environmental health and safety, campus logistics, and efforts around sustainability and resiliency.
Beyond creating a safe and secure environment at CU Boulder, the department is embarking on several projects that are key to the strategic vision of the campus including: creating a clear and comprehensive framework and methodology for campus master planning; developing strategies and tactics to improve campus sustainability and resiliency; and progressively working within the campus and with our community partners to positively impact humanity.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
- Perform front line receptionist duties, greeting and interacting with constituents and others by telephone, in person or written correspondence. Ascertains the nature of the inquiries and assures that issues are addressed as directed. Composes or drafts correspondence as needed.
- Provide office support, consisting of faxing, emailing, photocopying, and material distribution.
- Maintain filing system for the I&S VC Executive Aide, VCIS and the Chief Sustainability Officer.
- Manage the calendar for the Vice Chancellor of I&S and the Chief Sustainability Officer. This includes determining both the priority of the request from both internal and external constituents and if attendance is possible.
- Responsible for general meeting logistics, ensuring all meeting attendees are advised, proactively collects and dispenses meeting materials in advance, takes meeting minutes and disseminates them afterwards, and arranges meeting rooms and equipment as needed.
- Support scheduling of gatherings, including staff meetings, faculty seminars, student groups and outreach efforts, as appropriate. On occasion, event support may also include set up and clean up, as well as occasional work on evenings.
- Assist in the organization of large scale events as part of the VCIS team of staff members. This might include town halls, forums, retreats, etc.
- Responsible for purchase requests, purchase orders, expense vouchers, vendor set-up, and official functions.
- Maintain accurate A-Card records of purchases (charges). Collects, organizes, reconciles and stores all receipts each month for the I&S VCIS and Chief Sustainability Officer.
- Responsible for timely re-allocation of charges and for up-to-date knowledge, comprehension and compliance with A-Card policies and procedures.
- Execute travel authorization, conference registration, and reconciles travel expenses using the on-line CU Concur system.
What We Can Offer
The anticipated salary is $34,068.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
Be Effective. Be Flexible. Be Boulder.
What We Require
- Two years of general clerical experience.
- Substitution: At the agency’s discretion, college or university course work, appropriate to the work assignment may substitute for the experience on a year-for-year basis.
- Must be a Colorado resident.
What You Will Need
- Must be approachable and highly customer service oriented.
- Sensitivity to and appreciation of cultural, political, and geographical differences, with ability to work well with faculty, staff, and students from around the world.
- Experience with common office equipment, desktop computer hardware/software and familiarity with common administrative/office support software applications, e.g., Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook and Publisher.
- Overall interest and comfort working with technology and computer programs, including a willingness to learn.
- Creative problem solver with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work well within teams.
- A dedicated work ethic, attention to detail, and ability to multi-task multiple projects.
- Demonstrated history of collaborative, collegial, and cooperative working relationships with professional peers, community constituencies, and external agencies/entities.
- Effective interpersonal skills using clear and concise oral and written forms of communication.
What We Would Like You To Have
- Bachelors Degree from an accredited institution.
- Higher education experience.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume. Must include date ranges and whether full time or part time work.
- A cover letter that specifically addresses how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications and responsibilities of the position.
- DD-214 for veteran applicants.
- Qualified veterans are eligible for veteran’s preference points within the State classified system. If you are a veteran and would like to have your DD214 evaluated to determine your eligibility for preference points, please attach a copy of your DD214 to this posting. If you do not wish to upload a DD214, please email a copy to [email protected] or send via fax at 303-492-4693 and reference the job to which you are applying.
- If using the educational substitution for experience: proof of degree or transcripts.
You will not be asked to upload references at this time.
This position will close on October 21, 2018.
Select here for additional information regarding Classified Staff positions: www.cu.edu/cu-careers/special-instructions-classified-staff-applicants
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
The University of Colorado is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer