Administrative Assistant III
Areas of Intereset: Administrative Support
Functional Areas: College of Arts & Sciences
Department: Department of Integrative Physiology
Requisition Number: 13442
Location: Boulder, CO
Employment Type: Classified Staff
Posting Close Date: 04-Oct-2018
As Administrative Assistant III you will provide front line staff support for integrative physiology and to assist the undergraduate students in obtaining the course work necessary leading to a degree in integrative physiology.
Who We Are
At the Department of Integrative Physiology we study organisms as functioning systems of molecules, cells, tissues, and organs. This emphasis on whole-body function, and its applications to human health and disease, has made Integrative Physiology the largest undergraduate major at CU-Boulder. Our PhD program was recently ranked 9th out of 63 physiology programs in the country. Our diverse faculty include several who have joint affiliations with the Institute for Behavioral Genetics and the Center for Neuroscience, as well as clinical divisions at the CU-Anschutz medical campus.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
Undergraduate Program Management
- Knowledge of undergraduate rules, regulations, requirements for the department, College of Arts and Sciences, and the University of Colorado Boulder.
- Assist undergraduate students in obtaining the course work necessary that will result in a degree in Integrative Physiology o Advise students with regard to procedures to drop/add courses.
- Understanding if a student has a hold or something that prevents the student from registration, verify enrollment status.
- Advise students of pertinent College deadlines.
- Prioritize faculty requests to insure all responsibilities are met.
- Interpret rules and policy in order to advise students.
- Assist students, parents, public.
- Direct students, parents, etc., to the proper offices within Integrative Physiology or on campus (Registrar, Bursar, etc.).
- Coordinate FCQs and nal grades. Develop les to maintain departmental records such as FCQ’s and grades.
- Enter all course offerings in SIS.
- Coordinate with Undergraduate Chair regarding the forms and procedures for managing the undergraduate curriculum.
- Maintain current forms to include independent study, internship, undergraduate teaching.
- Design and/or update forms as necessary.
Front Office Management
- Reception for Integrative Physiology main office.
- Schedule IPHY managed rooms.
- Copy Machine management.
- Maintain all forms related to copy usage and ensure adequate supplies are ordered.
- Accept all IPHY package deliveries and contact recipients. Ensure proper storage of packages (i.e. temperature – refrigerator or freezer).
- Accounting for the allotted office supply budget by authorizing expenditures for oce supplies and ordering supplies when and as needed.
- Create and maintain oce procedure manuals.
- Establish and maintain general oce records systems and resource libraries.
Liaison for parking, Access Services, Telecom, Facilities Management
- Manage access to computer rooms.
- Coordinate with parking services to obtain parking permits for new employees.
- Notify department when lots will be closed/arrange alternative parking for our sensitive research subject needs.
- Coordinate with access services to provide employee access to our 8 buildings (and others).
- Work on re-key projects when space is gained/lost.
- Coordinate with OIT for all needs for moves and cancellation of services. Work together concerning telecom options and select the best options for theunit (meaning the least expensive telecom route). This may include sharing lines, etc.
Maintain Departmental Information
- Phone lists, faculty oce hours, personnel posters, bulletin boards and mailboxes.
What We Can Offer
The anticipated starting salary is $42,336.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
Be Collaborative. Be Supportive. Be Boulder.
What We Require
- Three years of general clerical experience.
- At the agency’s discretion, college or university course work, appropriate to the work assignment may substitute for the experience on a year-for-year basis.
- Must be a current Colorado resident.
What You Will Need
- Planning, problem solving, and organization skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and on a team.
- Strong customer service skills with the ability to communicate efficiently and effectively.
- Sensitivity to and appreciation of cultural, political and geographical differences, with ability to work well with faculty, staff and students from around the world.
- Attention to detail.
- General understanding of the rules and regulations that drive university processes.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume. Must include date ranges and whether full time or part time work.
- A cover letter that specifically addresses how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications and responsibilities of the position.
- DD-214 for veteran applicants.
- Qualified veterans are eligible for veteran’s preference points within the State classified system. If you are a veteran and would like to have your DD214 evaluated to determine your eligibility for preference points, please attach a copy of your DD214 to this posting. If you do not wish to upload a DD214, please email a copy to HRESmail@colorado.edu or send via fax at 303-492-4693 and reference the job to which you are applying.
You will not be asked to upload references at this time.
This position will close on October 4, 2018.
Select here for additional information regarding Classified Staff positions: www.cu.edu/cu-careers/special-instructions-classified-staff-applicants
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: HRESmail@colorado.edu
The University of Colorado is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer