Provides clerical and administrative support to assigned departments, units, locations or leaders. Establishes, maintains, and ensures compliance of department records. Assists inventory and purchasing. Compiles reports as requested. Monitors assigned projects and/or program components. Responsible for clerical, student support and facility coordination duties. Oversees assigned staff and/or student assistants.
- Provides clerical and administrative support to the assigned department, unit, location or leader
- Answers, responds and/or properly routes calls to the assigned area
- Prepares and distributes internal and external written correspondence
- Coordinates department fiscal processes (i.e. P-cards, contracts, inventory, purchasing and facilitate computer lab)
- Coordinates and maintains assigned projects, building tours, events, calendars, meeting room reservation requests,
- Ensures appropriate service requests (i.e. moves, repairs) are submitted and provides follow-up as requested
- Coordinates, monitors and oversees assigned staff and/or student assistants
- Able to deal with multiple tasks or projects at one time meeting assigned deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal, initiative, teamwork, problem solving, independent judgment, organization, communication (verbal and written), time management, project management and presentation skills
- Proficient with computer applications and programs associated with the position (i.e. Microsoft Office suite)
- Strong attention to detail and follow up skills
- Strong customer service skills and phone and e-mail etiquette
High School diploma or GED and 3 years of relevant administrative or office experience.
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution of higher education in related field
- Previous experience in coordinating department budgets, supervising support staff or students
- Previous experience in higher education.