Transfer Recruitment Coordinator - Office of Undergraduate Admissions (103191)
University of Illinois at Urbana - Champaign
Transfer Recruitment Coordinator
Office of Undergraduate Admissions
The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign has an opening for a Transfer Recruitment Coordinator in the Office of Undergraduate Admissions. As a representative of the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, this position will oversee transfer recruitment for the Office of Undergraduate Admissions (OUA), which includes creating transfer recruitment/yield strategies, travel to community colleges, communication with transfer students/community college counselors, and serving as a contact for transfer related questions.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan and coordinate transfer recruitment and outreach programs, including on-campus transfer visits, off-campus transfer programs, and community college counselor programs.
- Assist management staff with assigning transfer travel territories and college fairs.
- Coordinate and implement yield strategies for admitted transfer students.
- Analyze data for transfer recruitment travel and program planning.
- Serve as a recruitment contact from the Office of Undergraduate Admissions for all pathway programs, including the dual enrollment program, Parkland Pathway.
- Acquire a comprehensive understanding of the application, admissions, and enrollment process for Parkland Pathway students.
- Attend monthly Parkland Pathway meetings to serve as the Office of Undergraduate Admissions contact.
- Serve as a resource and contact for colleges, departments and other entities with questions about transfer recruitment.
- Read and evaluate freshman, transfer and Parkland Pathway admissions applications; apply discretion and independent judgment in evaluating and comparing applications and gathering information in preparation for admissions consideration; and make admissions decisions based on campus enrollment goals; may chair a review committee as needed.
- Understand transfer admission policies/practices and suggest ideas to best convey policies/practices to prospective transfer students.
- Represent the Illinois undergraduate admissions office in assigned regions, to recruit both freshman and transfer students.
- Counsel, provide information and advice about Illinois generally, and about its admissions procedures specifically, to prospective students, applicants, their parents, and counselors, in a prompt, professional, and courteous manner.
- Present admissions information to visitors attending freshman and transfer on-campus programs.
- Reach out and encourage prospective students to explore and eventually matriculate at Illinois through staffing on-campus programs, scheduling personal visits to secondary schools, attending college fair programs, and engaging in correspondence, email, and or telephone contact.
- Assist with updating transfer information on the admissions website, including the transfer guides, to ensure transparent information is being conveyed to transfer students.
- Collaborate with the communication staff to establish transfer campaigns specifically for recruitment and yield purposes.
- Work with the Associate Director of Operations to ensure transfer recruitment efforts align with overall transfer enrollment goals.
- Assist with hiring, training, and mentoring new staff hires.
- Serve on professional development committees, present at both regional and national conferences, and attend statewide meetings where topics related to transfer students are discussed.
- Represent the Director at meetings and other events as request, particularly those focused on transfer recruitment issues.
Position Requirements and Qualifications:
Required: Bachelor's degree
Preferred: Master's degree
Required: Two or more years of relevant experience.
Preferred: Direct experience with transfer recruitment and outreach efforts at the undergraduate level. Experience working with transfer students. Familiarity with the community college system nationally and in Illinois.
This position is a full-time, 12-month, benefits-eligible Academic Professional position and salary is commensurate with experience. To ensure full consideration, please complete your candidate profile at https://jobs.illinois.edu/ and upload your letter of application, resume, and a list of three professional references, including contact information by October 11, 2018. Interviews may be conducted before the closing date, although no hiring decisions will be made until after the search has closed. The preferred start date for this position is as soon as possible after the close of the search. For further information about this position, please contact Jen Cochrane at [email protected]
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
College Name or Administrative Unit: Office of the Provost
Category: 5-Education and Student Services
Title: Transfer Recruitment Coordinator - Office of Undergraduate Admissions (103191)
Open Date: 09/20/2018
Close Date: 10/11/2018
Organization Name: Undergraduate Admissions