Scholarships Specialist - Engineering Administration (103843)
College of Engineering
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
The College of Engineering seeks applicants for the position of Scholarships Specialist. Reporting to the Assistant Dean the Scholarships Specialist coordinates all aspects of the College of Engineering undergraduate scholarship activities and collaborates with the Assistant Dean on the selection of scholarship recipients. This position also maintains data for reports, budgets all College of Engineering undergraduate scholarships funds, and communicates with current and prospective students. Specific duties and responsibilities include:
- Responsible for all aspects of the awarding of incoming freshmen scholarships as well as all special programs scholarships (e.g., Transfer students, Summer Scholars, First Robotics), valuing approximately $5 million. Liaises with academic units to synchronize scholarship offers, as well as with the Undergraduate Programs Office staff, the Office of Financial Aid, engineering IT, the Director of Business Services, and outside organizations. Matches generic scholarship offers to real funds available within the College according to fund agreements.
- Administers all continuing students' scholarships. Coordinates with academic units and students organizations to advertise available scholarship opportunities. Works collaboratively with the advancement team for onetime donations and newly established scholarships. Certifies all eligibility criteria.
- Develops and maintains the engineering scholarship website, updating all online engineering scholarship applications each year, performing outreach to students with scholarship offers, and maintaining all necessary scholarship information (data and files). Enters and uploads scholarships into the Office of Financial Aid Departmental Award Web System (DAWS).
- In charge of all aspects of scholarship renewal eligibility check tasks, each semester, after students' grades have been released. Collaborates with the Assistant Dean to make decisions about renewing, canceling, or maintaining individual scholarships with a grace period.
- Advises current students on scholarships. Meets with current students to inform, address concerns, and respond to inquiries. Responds to emails from current students. Directs students to scholarship resources. Primary contact for emails, calls and visits from prospective students and parents to discuss scholarships. Route questions requiring higher authority as needed.
- Responsible for budget planning and the maintenance of goals, in collaboration with the Assistant Dean. Facilitates the management of new scholarships programs. Communicates with the Director of Business Services and Engineering IT. Participates in various meetings to plan scholarships.
- Communicates with the College of Engineering's Advancement team to provide the scholarships recipients list each semester after the 10 th day of classes and after all renewal checks have been completed. Responds to requests from the Advancement team related to awarding, fund agreements, budget, etc.
- Other appropriate, related duties to further the mission of the Undergraduate Programs Office.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, management, or a field related to the position.
- Two years of professional-level accounting, managerial, and/or business experience, one year of which was at an administrative level
- 1+ years working with budgets.
- Strong experience with Microsoft Office.
- Ability to communicate effectively with prospective and current students and their families.
This is a full-time Civil Service Business/Administrative Associate position appointed on a 12-month service basis. The expected start date is as soon as possible after the closing date on October 29, 2018. Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications.
To apply for this position, please create a candidate profile at https://jobs.illinois.edu and upload your cover letter, resume (months and years of employment must be included), and academic credentials (transcripts or diploma) by Monday, October 29, 2018. An online application will require names and contact information including email addresses for three references. In order to be considered as a transfer candidate, you must apply for the position. Applications not submitted through this website will not be considered. For further information regarding application procedures, contact Thurman Etchison, [email protected], 217-300-2193.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu.
College Name or Administrative Unit: Engineering
Category: 5-Education and Student Services
Title: Scholarships Specialist - Engineering Administration (103843)
Open Date: 10/12/2018
Close Date: 10/29/2018
Organization Name: Engineering Administration