Direct Services Administrative Liaison
Direct Services Administrative Liaison
Enrollment Customer Service Representative
Autism Center - 132710
Is this an internal posting only?
The UNT Kristin Farmer Autism Center (KFAC) is located in a 21,000 square-foot facility near the UNT main campus in Denton, Texas (490 S. I-35 East). The Center provides comprehensive, research-based interventions and services to individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) and their families.
The Center features a multidisciplinary team of highly trained, experienced, and collegial professionals who provide state-of-the-art intervention, therapy, diagnosis, counseling, and other services, as well as parent and community training. The Center also serves as a center of excellence for autism and disabilities research and training. The KFAC provides full-time and part-time services at the Center.
The Autism Center at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire a Direct Services Administrative Liaison (DSAL) to join our team. Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
* Assists in the development of the weekly intervention schedule and provides inputs for updating all necessary rosters and employee lists.
* Assists the Scheduling Coordinator in communicating schedules to staff in a timely and professional manner.
* Effectively addresses and resolves problems related to scheduled and unscheduled staff absences.
* Assists in the development of client schedules and provides inputs for updating all necessary rosters and client lists.
* Effectively addresses and resolves problems related to scheduled and unscheduled client absences.
* Maintains awareness of client needs, staff skills, and space utilization to assist in decision-making related to client assignments.
* Manages KFAC Direct Service classrooms and treatment rooms for non-clinical operations.
* Disseminates tasks involving the preparation, organization and maintenance of materials related to client programming under direction of Intervention Coordinators.
* Maintains employee files under direction of Scheduling Coordinator.
* Effectively uses software programs related to scheduling and other operational activities.
* Implements and maintains awareness of UNT & KFAC policies and processes to meet human resource needs of staff.
* Works collaboratively with direct services staff to monitor training progress and prepare for the beginning of direct services upon training completion.
* Assists in the correct and timely entry of time, and addresses other pay issues, as assigned, for KFAC staff.
* Assists in the preparation and analysis of weekly reports and metrics.
* Identifies needs related to hiring and personnel, and provides inputs as required.
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.
The successful candidate will possess an Associate's degree and one year of professional experience in customer or student services. Substitution of education for experience allowed.
The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:
* Skill in telephone etiquette and courteous communication with public, verbally and in writing.
* Skill in delivering outstanding customer service.
* Ability to problem-solve, multi-task and organize in a fast-paced collaborative environment.
* Ability to demonstrate patience when assisting customers with a variety of issues.
* Ability to understand and articulate institutional policies, procedures and federal, state regulations. Maintains up to date knowledge of same.
* Skill in the operation of a variety of office machines including personal computers, telephones and copiers.
* Skill in learning, utilizing and helping others use various computer applications.
* Skill in English composition, grammar, spelling and punctuation.
* Skill in basic math.
* Basic MS Office skills.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* A Bachelor's Degree in related field.
* One year of experience providing direct services to individuals with autism.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume with their online application.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Salary commensurate with experience
Quicklink for Posting