Finance and Human Resources Application Services - APPLICATION SERVICES SPECIALIST
Vacancy ID S2360 Job Title APPLICATION SERVICES SPECIALIST Department Finance and Human Resources Application Services School/Parent Organization Business and Finance Parent Org Division Finance and Administration Division Employment Category Fulltime-Regular Anticipated start date 11/26/2018 If temporary, expected end date Hours per week 37.5 Weeks Per Year 52.20 Normal Start Time 08:30 Normal End Time 17:00 Position/Job Summary
Coordinate the activities associated with the Financial and Human Resources Information Systems to include designing and developing programs for systematic retrieval of data and producing general and specialized financial statements and reports. Serve as primary resource and provide technical assistance to system users. Serve as liaison with the Office of Information Technology in explaining, resolving and communicating systems problems and/or solutions.
1. Develop and maintain a thorough knowledge of the Financial and Human Resources Information Systems. Assist in the development and documentation of systems policies, procedures and standards; provide technical assistance to system users and serve as liaison with the Office of Information Technology in the coordination of system modifications, updates and improvements.
2. Utilize various report writer/data retrieval tools and other applications supported by the College to extract data from central databases; design and develop programs for systematic retrieval of data; produce general and specialized financial statements and various human resources and financial reports.
3. Provide primary assistance in maintaining, developing, and monitoring the Financial and Human Resources Information Systems internal controls. Assist in identifying and correcting errors in all aspects of financial and human resources transaction processing and in the accounting for such transactions. Assist in the resolution of system problems; provide training sessions and technical assistance to office staff and other users of the system.
4. Develop and maintain the Financial and Human Resources Information Systems processing schedule; produce yearly operations calendar to be distributed to system users.
5. Develop and demonstrate a multicultural awareness and contribute to cultivating an inclusive, diverse and respectful College community. Demonstrate civil and inclusive behavior when interacting with staff, faculty, students and visitors to the College. Promote a flexible, collaborative and inclusive work and living environment and engage in educational opportunities to increase awareness and understanding of diversity and inclusion.
6. Assist in recommending and implementing procedures to enhance Business & Finance and Human Resources systems workflow; provide training and assistance to staff and ensure optimal system utilization.
7. Assist in the development, maintenance, and modification of the Web pages and other web applications for Business & Finance and Human Resources; provide technical assistance as appropriate and help assess technological needs, software purchases and hardware upgrades. Assist in the design, testing and implementation of computerized systems and functions used within Business & Finance and Human Resources.
8. Develop an understanding of the Human Resources/Payroll database; recommend changes/additions to database elements/fields used to store and/or transfer financial or budget information.
9. Provide assistance to the Director and Assistant Directors with special projects, audits and reports.
Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 3 years related experience or the equivalent combination of education and experience. Previous experience working with accounting/financial systems or relational databases, an understanding of SQL or other data retrieval tools; strong organizational, analytical, interpersonal and communications skills and the ability to effectively work and interact respectfully within a diverse and inclusive environment are required. Working knowledge of various Oracle applications, previous experience or knowledge of accounting and/or financial reporting and statements and previous work experience in a College or University setting is preferred.
Ithaca College is committed to building a diverse academic community and encourages members of underrepresented groups to apply. Experience that contributes to the diversity of the college is appreciated.
Instructions for submitting your application:
Interested applicants must apply online at http://ithaca.edu/jobs/ and attach a resume and cover letter. Questions about online application should be directed to the Office of Human Resources at (607) 274-8000. Screening of applications will begin immediately.
Work authorization (select one): Visa sponsorship is not provided for this position Department description College Description
At Ithaca College, a comprehensive residential campus community of 6,500 students, we strive to be at the forefront of the higher education landscape. We offer a distinct integrative learning experience that makes students ready for the personal, professional, and global challenges of our age.
We seek candidates who embrace integrative learning and want to be a part of this exciting time in Ithaca College history. We encourage creative collaboration and innovation in our faculty and staff, providing support and resources for them to grow in their fields and lead students to their own innovative ideas and achievements.
We welcome different ways of thinking and look for candidates with unique points of view and life experiences. We are inclusive of individuals with a wide range of cultural, personal, and professional backgrounds, talents, and skills. Our campus is a vibrant and rewarding community where diverse minds can learn, succeed, and excel.
When reviewing candidates, we are looking for indicators of a number of core competencies. Prospective candidates must be adaptable, collaborative, inclusive, respectful, responsive, results driven, and sustainable. They must communicate effectively, demonstrate leadership, exhibit professional integrity and ethics, take initiative, value personal and professional development, and show that they will engage in the college.
Nestled in the heart of New York State's scenic Finger Lakes region, Ithaca College sits atop South Hill overlooking picturesque Cayuga Lake and is just minutes away from the city center. Combining small town warmth and charm with the vibrancy of a college community, the thriving and culturally diverse city of Ithaca has been rated by Kiplinger's as one of the top 10 places to live in the United States.
To learn more about Ithaca College, visit us at http://ithaca.edu
Market Hiring Range $48,300 - $52,800 FLSA Status Exempt Is this position eligible for benefits? Yes
Documents Needed to Apply
- Cover Letter
- Reference List
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).