Director of Constituent Relations
Job Location Normal, Il 61790
Posting date 10-12-2018
The Director of Constituent Relations provides overall management of outreach and communication with constituent interests for the College. In collaboration with College administration, this position strategically champions the College's mission, stewards its reputation, serves as a liaison to its constituency, and supports its strategic plan with all stakeholders. The Director of Constituent Relations works closely with the Dean, Dean's staff, Chairs, and Directors to foster a collegial working and learning environment while advancing the mission and vision of the College of Education. Constituent relations efforts include publications and event organizing to promote the reputation of the College of Education and to maintain its prominent position in the public eye.
1. Bachelor's degree in education, public relations, marketing, communication, or closely related field.
2. A total of three (3) years (36 months) of work experience in communication, marketing, and alumni relations in a large organization. Experience must include published print and digital pieces, successful and sustained social media utilization, and event planning.
Note: Master's degree in an area consistent with the duties of the position may be substituted for one (1) year of work experience.
3. Effective interpersonal and communication skills to work with faculty, students, the public, business community, and other administrators within the University.
4. Excellent organizational and project management skills.
5. Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with persons of various ages and experiences, including managing complex situations and motivating volunteers.
6. Demonstrated ability to work well with others on diverse projects in a collaborative environment.
If this position is Security Sensitive or if you are subject to a criminal background investigation based on University policy, then employment is contingent upon you passing a satisfactory criminal background investigation. You may not begin work until the criminal background investigation results have been received and cleared by Human Resources.
1. Experience as a P-12 teacher or administrator
2. Experience in public relations efforts
3. Master's Degree
4. Experience in the development of public relations materials
Illinois State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong institutional commitment to diversity. Females, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.