ISBE Content Specialist -- Statewide
Job Location Normal, Il 61790
Posting date 10-15-2018
The Center for the Advancement and Support of Educational Initiatives at Illinois State University is funded by the Illinois State Board of Education. The Center supports the development of content resources based on the Illinois Learning Standards for classroom teachers and provides oversight of a small team of content specialists responsible for providing content area expertise to inform guidance and/or policy, support statewide professional learning and resource development for Illinois educators.
1. Bachelor's Degree with a minimum of 5 years classroom experience in the content area OR Master's degree.
2. Experience developing and providing content related professional learning.
3. Experience with curriculum writing and/or development.
4. Experience providing leadership at the school/district/regional level in the content area.
5. Valid driver's license.
6. Reliable transportation.
7. If this position is Security Sensitive or if you are subject to a criminal background investigation based on University policy, employment is contingent upon you passing a satisfactory criminal background investigation. You may not begin work until the criminal background investigation results have been received and cleared by Human Resources.
Classroom experience and participation in statewide projects
Illinois State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong institutional commitment to diversity. Females, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.