Medical Lab Technician Certified/UKHC
The Medical Laboratory Technicia/Certified will be responsible for performing clinical laboratory testing in a fast-paced academic medical center. The Laboratory provides services to all aspects of this Level I trauma center and throughout the healthcare enterprise, including solid organ and bone marrow transplant, KY Children's Hospital, and Markey Cancer Center.
This position will be instrumental in maintaining a quality of service based on accuracy and timely result reporting. This position will be located in the Core Lab, and testing will include, but is not limited to, blood gas, chemistry, coagulation, hematology, and urinalysis.
The CAP-Accredited Laboratory at the University of Kentucky showcases the use of state-of-the-art instrumentation and technology. In addition, this diverse department provides services to all aspects of the University of Kentucky's Level I trauma center and throughout the healthcare enterprise, including KY Children's Hospital, and Markey Cancer Center.
Medical Lab Technician Certified/UKHC
Type of Position
Position Time Status
Click here for more information about equivalencies:
Required Related Experience
No experience required.
Required License/ Registration/Certification
ASCP/AMT Certification or eligibility to obtain certification within six months of date of hire
Sitting and walking for long period of time
Rotating Shifts including weekends and holidays. May include call based on needs of department.
Multitasking, computer skills, customer service, and troubleshooting.
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
Deadline to Apply
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare recognizes a set of values that guide us in our daily interactions. By applying for a position within UK Healthcare, you are indicating your commitment and expressing your agreement to our five values. These values are diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork. Please choose one of the UK Healthcare values and give a specific example when you exhibited this quality in your professional experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you currently hold an ASCP (American Society for Clinical Pathology) or AMT (American Medical Technologists) certification or have eligibility to obtain either certification within six months of date of hire?
- * Please choose the answer that best describes your years of paid, full-time employment experience in a clinical laboratory setting.
- More than 0, up through 1 year
- More than 1 year, up through 3 years
- More than 3 years, up through 5 years
- More than 5 years
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- Institute for Diversity in Health Management
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter