Hyde Park Campus
59678 Enrollment And Student Advance
About the Unit
The Events Manager in the Office of College Admissions is in charge of all logistical components of both on-campus and off-campus programs. This includes playing a key role in planning sessions leading up to events and overseeing all day-of logistics.
- Assist with the planning of department meetings and events, including, but not limited to, reserving space and audio-visual equipment, menu planning, arranging transportation, etc.
- Execute on-campus events.
- Manage hotel and vendor partnerships and negotiate contracts when necessary.
- Track and reconcile expenses for all events.
- Collect and analyze event data and outcomes to identify trends and opportunities for improvement.
- Provide general office support as needed.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Public speaking and presentation skills
- Work independently and as part of a team
- Detail oriented
- Problem solving skills
Education, Experience, and Certifications:
- Bachelor's degree required
- Minimum of 2 years of related experience
- Preferred: Experience planning events and conferences
Technical Knowledge or Skills:
- Knowledge of Microsoft programs, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
- Ability to be on your feet for long periods of time
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Cover Letter
- Three References
NOTE: When applying, all required documents MUST be uploaded under the Resume/CV section of the application
Depends on Qualifications
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Job is Exempt?
Drug Test Required?
Does this position require incumbent to operate a vehicle on the job?
Health Screen Required?
Remove from Posting On or Before
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via Applicant Inquiry Form.
The University of Chicago's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at: http://securityreport.uchicago.edu. Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.
The University of Chicago is an urban research university that has driven new ways of thinking since 1890. Our commitment to free and open inquiry draws inspired scholars to our global campuses, where ideas are born that challenge and change the world.
We empower individuals to challenge conventional thinking in pursuit of original ideas. Students in the College develop critical, analytic, and writing skills in our rigorous, interdisciplinary core curriculum. Through graduate programs, students test their ideas with UChicago scholars, and become the next generation of leaders in academia, industry, nonprofits, and government.
To learn more about the university click here http://www.uchicago.edu/