Student/Academic Services Assistant - Public Health and Community Medicine, School of Medicine-1800
Student/Academic Services Assistant - Public Health and Community Medicine, School of Medicine-18001695
The Tufts University School of Medicine's Office of Public Health and Professional Degree Programs oversees student services for the medical school graduate programs, inclusive of admissions, registration, career services and general student services functions.
The Student/Academic Services Assistant is responsible for providing frontline student services to students and faculty; assisting with the coordination of student, academic and career services activities; scheduling a variety of activities to support office operations; staffing various committees; assisting the Dean and Associate Dean; scheduling meetings and appointments and providing assistance to the Career Service, Registrar and Admissions Offices; and assisting with other projects/tasks as assigned.
- An associate’s degree or equivalent and 1 – 3 years of related experience.
- Experience with Microsoft Office (especially, Word and Excel), email communication, and the Internet.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Ability to execute multiple tasks concurrently.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Professionalism, maturity and positive attitude.
- Advanced computer skills.
- Ability to take the initiative in solving problems.
- Strong organizational, time management and customer service skills.
- Ability to maintain absolute confidentiality.
- Previous work experience in an academic setting.
Special Work Schedule Requirements:
May be asked to work overtime during evenings and weekends as it relates to student services related events, and meetings.
An employee in this position must complete all appropriate background checks at the time of hire, promotion, or transfer.
Equal Opportunity Employer – minority/females/veterans/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity.
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Boston
Job: Student Services
Organization: Public Health & Community Med
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: Oct 12, 2018, 2:14:27 PM