Location: Western Campus
Reports To: Interim Assistant Dean of Counseling and Access Services
Recruitment Type: External/Internal
Requisition ID: req549
Employment Type: Part-Time Faculty
Vacancy Number: 109-19
Union Position: Non-Union
Work Schedule: The standard work schedule is from Wednesday thru Friday 8:30am-5pm and on Monday's and Tuesday's 8:30am-6:30pm. There are a few Saturday's the College is open from 10am-2pm.
Number of Openings: 2
Provide part-time counseling support to the Western Campus. Counselors assist students with academic planning and maintaining a healthy college-life balance. Counselors provide services in one-on-one sessions, through special project work and during college-wide events with a focus on degree completion.
Performs a full range of counseling activities including, but not limited to, assisting students in developing educational/career goals, identifying and developing strategies and skills for success at the College through advising students in academic curriculum selection. Counseling activities may be performed on an individual or group basis, as well as through the use of multiple delivery formats; may work with specific student cohort groups. Assists with new student orientation; may teach General Studies courses as assigned.
- Master's degree in counseling, social work or a closely related field
- Experience in counseling and advising Licensed or eligible for a license from the State of Ohio Counselor and Social Worker Board.
- Proficiency in word-processing and presentation software, Internet and e-mail.
- One year of experience counseling in a higher education setting.
- Higher Education counseling, student success intervention, and group presentation experience related to assisting students with understanding academic program requirements, developing study skills, career development, assessment and personal development.
- Knowledge of current and emerging trends in community college student development and effective intervention strategies.
Special Instructions to Applicants: During the application process, you may be required to attach a cover letter and/or resume. It is recommended that you have these documents ready to be attached electronically to the online application. This system accepts only MS Word or PDF attachments. Any employment with the College is contingent upon satisfactory completion of a background check and drug screen.
Affirmative Action Statement: Cuyahoga Community College is committed to attaining excellence through the recruitment and retention of a qualified and diverse workforce. Cuyahoga Community College is an equal employment/educational opportunity institution.