#001-19 CAPITAL PROJECTS MANAGER
(Note to applicants in the mainland United States: Please be advised that Guam is a day ahead of the mainland United States.)
The University of Guam seeks an Administrator who is interested in new challenges and opportunities for professional and personal growth and who is interested in working in a dynamic, multi-cultural institution of higher education in the Pacific.
The University of Guam (UOG) Capital Projects Manager (CPM) reports directly to the Chief Plant Facilities Officer (CPFO) and is responsible for the management for all construction contracts of the University including large Air Conditioning Installations, Retro-Fitting, Replacements, and Repairs. The CPM will oversee the Capital Improvements Projects Coordinator (CIPC) and the staff that fall under that position.
CHARACTER OF DUTIES:
Major duties and responsibilities shall include, but will not be limited to, the following:
- Establish and maintain policies and procedures for the project management of all construction projects of the University;
- Oversee all construction projects whether the projects are managed by in-house staff or by contracted construction management firms;
- Oversee all large air conditioning contracts whether for installation, retro-fitting, replacement or repair of units.
- Prepare construction procurement documents required for al construction projects;
- Prepare contracts and negotiate revisions, changes and additions to contractual agreements with architects, consultants, clients, suppliers, and subcontractors;
- Prepare financing applications for externally funded construction projects;
- Manage contracts for architects, engineers, construction managers, etc.
- Monitor progress of projects on a regular basis, and hold regular status meetings with unit heads impacted;
- Provide construction site quality control oversight for contract compliance, code compliance, and other regulations;
- Manage the design review process for each project;
- Collaborate with the Chief Planning Officer (CPO) regarding the development, updating, and implementation of the campus master plan;
- Prepare and provide reports to the Physical Facilities Committee of the Board of Regents;
- Communicate and maintain relationships with Deans and Directors related to individual building needs;
- Responsible for project planning, budgeting, and identification of resources needed for capital projects; Develop and implement a comprehensive, practical program of audit coverage for the University to be implemented over time;
- Evaluate bids and proposals and provide recommendations;
- Perform other duties as assigned by the CPFO.
Minimum: Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Architecture, Engineering or related field from a U.S. accredited institution or foreign equivalent; Certification as a Professional Engineer or Registered Architect; Ten (10) years of experience with the construction administration, and implementation of large construction projects; Advanced knowledge of construction management processes, means and methods; Knowledge of applicable safety standards; Working knowledge of utilizing and understanding Critical Path Method (CPM) scheduling; Exceptional ability to work with little supervision, make sound decisions, use good judgement, and maintain a high level of confidentiality and professionalism; Proficiency with Microsoft Office software; Experience working in a culturally diverse population is a plus; Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing (writing samples required); and ability to interact with all levels of employees, management, and faculty.
Preferred: Experience working with United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) loan applications, loan processing, progress monitoring for federally funded projects; Master’s degree in Business Administration, Architecture, Engineering of Construction Management.
Applicants for University of Guam administrator positions must complete an online job application through the UOG online employment portal at https://uog.peopleadmin.com. Please have the following documents prepared and ready to upload with your application:
(1) Letter of application that describes candidate’s qualifications
(2) Curriculum vitae
(3) Copies of all graduate and undergraduate transcripts
(4) Writing Sample
Special Instructions for References: Three (3) current letters of recommendation from persons knowledgeable about your academic and professional performance must be provided by providing a list of at least three (3) references to be contacted on the References section of the online application. Enter each reference by clicking on the “Add References Entry” button. Provide the name, title, email address, mailing address, and telephone number of each reference. A system automated email will be sent to each reference’s email address with a link to attach their reference letter to your application.
Selected candidate must provide official transcripts prior to hire date. For further information, please contact Mr. Randall V. Wiegand, Search Committee Chair, [email protected] or the Human Resources Office at [email protected], telephone number, (671) 735-2350 or fax number at (671) 734-6005.
Police and Court Clearance: Pursuant to Public Law No. 28-24 and Executive Order 2005-34, applicants selected for a position are required to provide original police and court (Superior Court of Guam) clearances of no more than three (3) months old prior to commencement of employment.
Applicants must provide police and court clearances to verify that they were not convicted of any crimes connected to the position applied for and were not convicted of any crimes that prohibit employment. Off-island applicants must obtain clearances from their place of residence to include county and state clearances. Applicants are responsible for fees associated with obtaining the clearances.
Apply for #001-19 CAPITAL PROJECTS MANAGER
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly