DIRECTOR OF GRANTS ACCOUNTING
DIRECTOR OF GRANTS ACCOUNTING
Posting Number: SRGV3601
Number of Vacancies: 1
Location: Edinburg, Texas
Department: Financial Services-Comptroller
Scope of Job:
To manage all aspects of the department and provide specialized grant financial accounting skills to direct all financial matters relating to grants and contracts, including oversight for reporting requirements for federal, state, local, private awards, including cost sharing accounts, sub-awards, and foundations.
Description of Duties:
• Complies with State Comptroller reporting requirements for federal pass-throughs, DUNS reporting, EIN reporting, SEFA timeline, etc. to meet the grant financial reporting needs of the University.
• Serves as the subject matter expert for the interpretation of Office of Management and Budget (OMB) Uniform Guidance, and other sponsored guidelines, policies, regulations, and procedures as it relates to grant financial reporting.
• Supervises assigned staff and performs or coordinates all related activities, including employee appraisals, recommendations for promotions, disciplinary actions, etc.
• Provides financial accounting guidance to the assigned staff to ensure compliance with grant financial reporting requirements.
• Administers and maintains the operating budget for the department.
• Collaborates and works closely with the Office of Research and Sponsored Programs, and the Office of Grants and Contracts to ensure grant compliance is in place for accurate financial reporting for the University.
• Responsible for the Annual Financial Report for the Restricted fund group, and all related grant financial transactions.
• Responsible for the oversight of reconciling grant financial transactions for current and prior years, such as receivables, payables, clearing accounts, etc.
• Responsible for the management of endowment restricted income and/or non-sponsored projects for compliance, including review and approval of all related charges, and related financial reporting and final closeout.
• Responsible for the Facilities and Administrative (F&A) rate analysis.
• Responsible for the cash management function for Grants. This includes drawdowns and collections of outstanding grant invoices.
• Responsible for maintenance of the Payment Management System (PMS) for the federal agencies, including SAM.gov.
• Manages all internal and external audits pertaining to the financial activities for grants.
• Keeps current with GAAP, FASB, and GASB developments and new government related pronouncements for grant financial accounting and reporting.
• Responsible for providing guidance for the staff in preparing the all grant fiscal reporting such as SEFA, IPEDS, NSF R&D Survey, Research Expenditures, etc.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
General supervision from assigned supervisor.
Direct supervision of assigned staff.
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or business related field from an accredited university.
Master’s degree in Business Administration or related field from an accredited university.
Five (5) years of experience in grant financial accounting and administration, including supervisory experience. Familiarity with the grant development process. Knowledge of Office of Management and Budget (OMB) Uniform Guidance, and other sponsored guidelines, policies, regulations, and procedures for the management of contracts for federal, state, local, and/or private entities.
Applicant must be a current UTRGV Employee to be eligible for this position.
Experience with federal compliance requirements related to grants and contracts, federal agency policies, including NSF, NIH, etc. Experience in accounting aspects related to Grants and Contracts restricted accounts.
Applicant currently holds a comparable position at UTRGV.
Use of standard office equipment.
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties. Office Environment; some travel and weekend work is required.
Exceptional planning and organizational skills. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Independent thinker and analytical problem solver. Ability to work effectively and communicate well with a variety of internal and external constituents. Ability to generate and interpret financial data related to Grants and Contracts accounts.
Physical Capabilities: N/A
Employment Category: Full-Time
Minimum Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Posted Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Position Available Date: 10/09/2018
Grant Funded Position: No
If Yes, Provide Grant Expiration Date:
UTRGV is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer that strives to hire without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. UTRGV takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Human Resources will not be held responsible for redacting any confidential information from the documents you attach with your application. The confidential information includes the following:
*Date of Birth
Please make sure that you omit this information prior to submission. We are advising that Human Resources will be forwarding your application to the department as per your submission. The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley reserves the right to discontinue accepting applications prior to the stated close date of this position, after meeting the posting requirement of three (3) calendar days.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at (956) 665-2451 and/or [email protected]
UTRGV is a distributed location institution and working location is subject to change based on need.
All UTRGV employees are required to have a criminal background check (CBC). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Substitutions to the above requirements must have prior approval from the Chief Human Resources Officer.
To apply, visit https://careers.utrgv.edu/postings/19285
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency