Full-Time Speech Instructor
POSITION: Full-Time Speech Instructor
DEPARTMENT: Communications & Humanities
SUMMARY: The candidate can expect to teach a broad range of courses determined by the evolving needs of the department. Typical load is five classes each semester, five days a week. Experience teaching diverse students at various levels of college-preparedness and non-traditional students is highly desirable.
- Master’s Degree in Communication, Communication Studies or Public Speaking.
- Three years teaching public speaking at the college level required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must successfully pass a criminal background check.
- A doctorate degree or admission into a Doctorate program in Communication or Communication Studies.
- Masters in Humanities to also teach humanity courses.
- Four or more years teaching public speaking at a community college.
- Experience with academic outcomes assessment, date collection, and analysis.
- Experience with curricula development.
This is a regular full-time faculty position with salary to be determined by placement on the faculty salary schedule commensurate with education and experience.
BEGINNING DATE: January 19, 2019
APPLICATION October 19, 2018
APPLICATION Please submit letter of application, teaching philosophy, resume and transcripts to:
Office of Human Resources