Child Development Center Teacher
Cosumnes River College
Child Development Center Teacher
Job Posting Number: C00742P
Salary: $20.37 per hour
Closing Date: 11/1/2018
Complete job description and application available online at: http://jobs.losrios.edu/postings/9742
The Child Development Center Teacher provides service in the care, development, and instruction of children in the Child Development Center under the direction of the Child Development Center Supervisor and designated administrator while supporting the goals and objectives of the campus Child Development Centers. [For a detailed job description for this Los Rios Classified Employees Association (White Collar) posting Job Descriptions click here].
Los Rios Community College District offers competitive salaries and a very comprehensive employee benefits packages to include medical insurance, CalPERS retirement, and opportunities for additional insurance and financial investments.
Employees receive 17 days of annual paid holidays, 15 days’ vacation yearly (with increases after 5 & 10 years) and 8 hours of sick leave per month. Los Rios also offers extensive professional development opportunities with the district and financial support and/or paid time off to complete external academic studies. (See full LRCEA contract agreement details)
This position is located in the Child Development Center – Business and Family Science.
In addition to the duties of the Child Development Center Associate Teacher (CDC Associate Teacher)
● Works collaboratively with the Child Development Center Lead Teacher, and Child Development Center Associate Teacher, to carry out the policies and procedures of the Center.
● Assumes responsibilities for the orderly use and maintenance of materials, equipment and the facility.
● Supervises outdoor and indoor play and learning activities.
● Maintains appropriate interpersonal relations with children, parents, college students, and staff.
● May serve as a lead for other Child Development Center staff.
● Organizes materials for Early Childhood Education students assigned to the center.
● Assists with in-service training of staff, college students, and parents.
● Confers with parents to interpret and explain relevant policies and procedures.
● Meets with parents to discuss children’s development, achievements, and behavior problems as needed and to encourage parent participation.
● Tracks children’s enrollment numbers so that the centers stay within the adult/child ratios set by licensing agencies.
● Performs related duties as required.
REQUIRED CERTIFICATION/ LICENSE:
Employees in these classifications must hold and maintain a valid *Child Development Permit issued by the Commission on Teacher Credentialing within six months of hire date.
Child Development Permit:
● CDC Teacher – Child Development Teacher Permit.
CDC employees must maintain a valid CPR and first aid certificates.
May need to hold a valid California Driver’s License. If a valid California Driver’s license is needed, it must be possessed and maintained in compliance with Los Rios Board Regulation R-8343 and employment would be contingent upon meeting the requirements of Los Rios Board Regulation R-8343. This position may require operating a District or personal vehicle in order to complete assigned work within the scope of the position duties.
EXPERIENCE/EDUCATION: Hold or be eligible for a valid Child Development Teacher Permit issued by the Commission on Teacher Credentialing; permit must be obtained within six months of hire date and must be maintained. To be eligible for a Child Development Teacher Permit, individuals must satisfy all of the requirements listed in one of the following options:
1. Meet the education and experience requirements of the Associate Teacher
2. Completion of 16 semester units in general education, including at least one course in each of the following areas: humanities and/or fine arts, social sciences, math and/or science, and English and/or language arts.
3. Completion of 175 days of experience in an instructional capacity in a child care and development program, working at least three hours per day within the last four years. Upon hire, this experience must be verified by submitting an original letter from the employer of official letterhead.
1. Completion of an associate degree or higher in early childhood education or child development or related field from an accredited institution.
2. Completion of three semester units of supervised field experience in an early childhood education setting.
Have an equity-minded focus, responsiveness, and sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, including those with physical or learning disabilities as it relates to differences in learning styles; and successfully foster and support an inclusive educational and employment environment.
(Experience Requirement: One year of experience is equal to 12 months of experience at a maximum of 40 hours per week. Applicable part-time experience will be converted to the full-time equivalent for purposes of meeting the experience requirement. Education Requirement: 15 units are equal to six months of education; 30 units is equal to one year of education.)
The Los Rios Community College District is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, political affiliation or belief, or marital status.