Early College Programs Coordinator
Elgin Community College
Early College Programs Coordinator
Elgin Community College (ECC) is a comprehensive, fully accredited community college located in Elgin, Illinois, one of its most rapidly growing cities. Our district encompasses 360 square miles, serving 400,000 people, 11,000 businesses with four public school districts and 15 high schools. ECC was selected as one of five Illinois community colleges to participate in the national Achieving the Dream (AtD) initiative. is a long-term national initiative that collaborates with community colleges to help more students earn degrees, complete certificates, or transfer to four-year institutions to continue their studies. The park-like setting of our 145 acre Main Campus offers instruction spanning nine major buildings with beautiful views. ECC also offers classes throughout the northwest suburbs of Chicago with more than 100 off-campus locations.
Responsible for all student services related to Early College programs, which include multiple dual credit programs and articulated credit that specifically serve secondary/high school students. This includes recruitment and outreach, communication with students/parents/high school counselors, development and monitoring of student academic plans, related events and programs, and ongoing support to maintain student success and completion.
1. Collaborate with ECC departments to guide prospective students through the application, testing, advising, and enrollment processes.
2. Organize related recruitment, outreach, and orientation events for population in collaboration with other campus and external partners.
3. Maintain and strive to increase enrollment in Dual Credit and Articulated Credit programs.
4. Collaborate with other college staff to develop/attend ECC events for students and parents to learn about early college credit options.
5. Primary case manager for all dual credit students.
6. Manage early college program data analyses
7. Coordinate retention interventions for early college students.
8. Attend regional, internal college, and other relevant state and local partnership meetings.
1. Perform other duties as assigned which pertain to the job description.
2. Ability to work a flexible schedule which include days/evenings/weekends as needed by the department.
1. Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) from four-year college or university.
2. Minimum of 3 to 5 FT years of advising/counseling experience in a secondary and/or post-secondary level.
3. Demonstrated strong communication and diplomacy skills to effectively work with students, parents and school/college personnel (i.e., administrators, faculty, and counselors) at all levels.
4. Knowledge of post-secondary academic planning, policies, and services
5. Demonstrated organizational skills with attention to detail and accuracy
6. Superior problem-solving skills
7. Ability to multitask.
8. Proficient in the use of MS Office Suite programs Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint
9. Ability to work a flexible schedule which includes days/evenings/weekends as needed by the department. .
1. Master's degree preferred.
2. Minimum of 2 FT years of Student Services or Affairs in Higher Education experience preferred.
For a detailed job posting and to apply, please visit our web site at: jobs.elgin.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=52573
Elgin Community College is an Equal Employment, Equal Access Employer committed to increasing the diversity of our workforce.