Assistant Director, Alumni/ae Affairs
The Bard College Office of Development and Alumni/ae Affairs (ODAA) invites applications for a full-time Assistant Director for Alumni/ae Affairs. This position needs a confident, collaborative and diligent individual who has a commitment to liberal arts education and is interested in the work of Bard College. The Assistant Director will report to the Director of Alumni/ae Affairs to support the overall departmental mission of increasing alumni/ae participation and engagement.
The successful candidate will be a highly-organized, multi-tasker, comfortable in a fast-paced, creative department that seeks to respond to the expectations and needs of their constituents while maintaining focus on the goal of increased alumni/ae financial support of the college. They will be a creative, strategic thinking, problem solver who works well in a team environment and has a strong attention to detail. Applications from Bard alumni/ae and those with experience in fundraising, digital communications, events and/or higher education and alumni/ae affairs are encouraged to apply.
The daily work of the Assistant Director will involve working closely with the Director to keep the department on task to fulfill strategic goals and maintain a clear timeline of communications, projects and responsibilities. Daily management of regular communications with the alumni/ae base through the college’s online platform and social media, generating and manipulating lists from the college’s database, organizing and managing alumni/ae events, managing specific reunion classes and working to continue to build a robust alumni/ae affinity program and develop class agent structure. In a dynamic institution new projects and needs arise frequently, the assistant director needs to be innovative, flexible, and work well under pressure. The Assistant Director will be expected to attend college-wide events on and off campus representing the ODAA. Night and weekend work is required.
- Create content and keep Alumni/ae Website up-to-date.
- Create and distribute alumni/ae E.newsletter “The Triangle”.
- Create promotional materials/postcards/eblasts for alumni/ae events.
- Generate and send e.blasts to constituents.
- Articulate Bard's mission to prospective donors in person, in print, and in social media formats.
- Serve as liason for Alumni/ae Association Board of Governor Committees.
- Assist Director with Board of Governors meetings, goals and interactions.
- Improve and manage Alumni/ae Affinity Program.
- Organize and implement a Class Agent Program.
- Manage Reunion Classes as assigned.
- Assist in coordinating BardWorks (the college’s work preparatory program using alumni/ae).
- Project manage all alumni/ae events, including Board of Governors meetings, Committee events, Cities Parties and other miscellaneous alumni/ae events.
Administration and leadership:
- Assist Director with strategic planning to achieve departmental goals.
- Assist in creating and maintaining office timeline, calendar, and budget.
- Manage departmental budget.
- Offer administrative and project support as needed.
- Generate and manipulate Excel lists using Banner, Argos, and Imodules.
- Develop and implement best practices for Alumni/ae Affairs.
- Research and plan office professional development.
- Follow list serves and industry trends.
- Other duties as assigned.
- B.A., B.S., or BFA required
- Experience in a higher education environment preferred.
- Familiarity and confidence in usage of databases, online platforms and applications.
- Experience in use of social media; Instagram, Google Tools, Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Excellent writing skills and keen attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and a sense of humor.
- Strong skills in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of Ellucian Banner or Argos, and Imodules a strong asset.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and the names of three contact references through Interolio.com at: http://apply.interfolio.com/56612.
Bard College is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes application from individuals who contribute to its diversity.