Faculty - Basic Science, Full-time
The purpose of the faculty member is to fulfill the educational mission of the department, the college and the college in cooperation with the other members of the department and others in the college community.
Essential Job Functions
- Comply with the LCCW code of conduct as well as all college policies, including the Faculty Handbook
- Primarily responsible for the instruction, supervision and evaluation of students in the classroom and/or laboratory setting as well as course assessments for the department
- Prepare a syllabus for each course taught according to the college template and post it to the class on the college website
- Teach class in a professional manner, teaching the material that is present in the syllabus and course outline
- Appropriately maintain all necessary records for each course taught
- Request peers to assist you in proctoring exams; for large classes every exam should have at least one proctor and the instructor present
- Arrange for another instructor to teach your class in the event of personal illness or excused absence
- Attend all scheduled meetings and events as appropriate and requested
- Participate in the committees when it occurs during your regularly scheduled day
- Cultivate in oneself and others an attitude of helpfulness, personal commitment to building relationships, managing to the best solution, and user friendly always
- Perform additional responsibilities required of full-time faculty (ie. Scholarly activity and service) as described in the faculty handbook
Essential Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Personal Characteristics
- Strong teaching skills
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work with and maintain confidentiality in regards to students/employee information
- Able to prioritize and manage multiple projects, adhering to strict timelines
- Strong interpersonal skills
- High degree of initiative and independent judgment
- Appropriate multimedia and computer skills
- Teaching experience in higher education
- DC Degree Preferred or Terminal Degree (PhD) in appropriate discipline
- Demonstrates exceptional diagnostic skills
- Strong Case Management skills
- Teaching experience in chiropractic education
- Laboratory teaching/instruction
- Familiar with evidenced informed practice
- Nature of work requires an ability to operate standard business office equipment.
- Requires ability to communicate and exchange information, collect, compile and prepare work documents, set-up and maintain work files.
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs., retrieving and placing materials on high shelves and on floor-level shelves; standing, walking, carrying, grasping, hearing, seeing, sitting, kneeling, climbing, balancing, stooping, crouching, and reaching.
- Work performed in a general office, classroom and laboratory environment.
Apply for Faculty - Basic Science, Full-time
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly