Building Engineer - 2nd Shift - Two Vacancies
Elgin Community College
Building Engineer - 2nd Shift
Elgin Community College (ECC) is a comprehensive, fully accredited community college located in Elgin, Illinois, one of its most rapidly growing cities. Our district encompasses 360 square miles, serving 400,000 people, 11,000 businesses with four public school districts and 15 high schools. ECC was selected as one of five Illinois community colleges to participate in the national Achieving the Dream (AtD) initiative. is a long-term national initiative that collaborates with community colleges to help more students earn degrees, complete certificates, or transfer to four-year institutions to continue their studies. The park-like setting of our 145 acre Main Campus offers instruction spanning nine major buildings with beautiful views. ECC also offers classes throughout the northwest suburbs of Chicago with more than 100 off-campus locations.
Engage in multi-craft work in order to operate, maintain, repair, and modify building equipment and structures.
1. Engage in multi-craft work assigned by Manager of Plant Operations.
2. Operate, maintain and repair equipment.
3. Operate and maintain all H.V.A.C equipment.
4. Maintain and repair lab and kitchen equipment.
5. Maintain and repair building plumbing and electrical systems.
6. Engage in controlled maintenance inspections and perform the necessary work to keep all equipment in safe and efficient operating order.
7. Perform remodeling and construction work within the scope of developed skills.
8. Must perform duties in a manner so as to conserve energy of all utilities.
1. Learn new skills through "on the job" experience as well as through formal and informal training.
2. Perform other duties as assigned by the Manager of Plant Operations.
1. Minimum of 5 years building experience.
2. Reading, writing and English speaking skills.
3. Must be able to work in varying physical environments, including heights and outside weather.
4. Must have a valid Illinois driver's license.
5. Must be able to be contacted by telephone for emergencies, and be able to respond to the College within 30 minutes.
6. Must be able to work from a ladder.
7. Must be able to work on feet at least 8 hours.
8. Working experience of steam and hot water boilers.
9. Knowledge of water treatment.
10. Must be able to lift 100lbs.
11. Working experience of the following, but not limited to:
a. Electrical up to 480 volts
b. HVAC controls
c. Kitchen equipment
d. Stem and hot water boilers
e. Absorbers and chillers
12. Must have an EPA Certificate
For a detailed job posting and to apply, please visit our web site at: jobs.elgin.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=52568
Elgin Community College is an Equal Employment, Equal Access Employer committed to increasing the diversity of our workforce.