PURPOSE Under general supervision, the Chiropractic Assistant/Cashier will be responsible for providing superior customer service to all patients, students, employees and other members of our campus community as well as external visitors.
The Chiropractic Assistant/Cashier will be responsible for supporting the daily functions of the Health Center which will include greeting patients, scheduling appointments and collecting payment.
- Ensure that the campus community receives outstanding service by providing a friendly environment which includes greeting and acknowledging every patient, maintaining outstanding standards, solid knowledge of chiropractic and all other components of Life Chiropractic College West.
- Maintain an awareness of all Health Center information and activities
- Accurately and efficiently complete all transactions and maintain proper cash and other tenders at registers
- Assist patients in scheduling new and reoccurring appointments
- Collecting and/or arranging payment plans
- Post payments from patients and insurance companies.
- Reconcile cash receipts and prepare bank deposit
- Data entry
- Process incoming and outgoing mail
- Answer all incoming telephone calls in a friendly and professional manner with a professional and pleasant disposition; calls originate from patients, students, faculty, staff, agencies, external persons/entities and the campus community
- Answering routine questions via in-person, telephone and/or email.
- Respond to or forward and follow up on all voicemails received during closed Health Center hours
- Assist with the new patient intake process
- Maintain the cleanliness, neatness, and organization of the Health Center
- Manage office supplies
- Verify and Bill Insurances
- General office responsibilities includes but is not limited to filing; data entry; making photocopies; and distribution of mail
- Abide by HIPAA laws regarding confidential patient information
- Serve with confidentiality
- Other Duties as required.
GENERAL PERFORMANCE STANDARDS AND EXPECTATIONS
In addition to satisfactory performance on all of the responsibilities for this position, all College employees must fulfill the following basic performance expectations:
1. Mission and Goals: All employees are expected to know and work by the College's mission and goals.
2. Customer Service: All College employees will strive to provide outstanding customer service to everyone they serve including students, the community and fellow employees.
3. Grooming and Appearance: College employees are expected to maintain a neat and professional image at all times. When issued, College personnel must wear uniforms, and maintain a neat, clean, and well-groomed appearance.
4. Safety Awareness: College employees are expected to work diligently to maintain safe and healthful working conditions, and to adhere to proper operating practices and procedures designed to prevent injuries. Employees are required to wear personal protective equipment as provided, depending on the position.
5. Attendance Standards: College employees are expected to attend their work assignments and schedules at all times, pursuant to the College's Employee Handbook.
6. Training: College employees are expected to attend College-provided training sessions and meetings when deemed necessary or required.
7. Continuous Improvement: College employees are expected to give attention to continuous assessment and improvement of the position's assigned set of duties and responsibilities.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE: EDUCATION & TRAINING REQUIREMENTS:
Education/Experience: Minimum of High School diploma or equivalent; Bachelor’s degree is a plus; 2+ years of experience in cashiering, customer service and/or billing; 1+ years in a chiropractic or office setting is preferred.
Knowledge: Familiar with HIPPA regulations; proficient knowledge of general office equipment such as phones, computers and Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point); Demonstrated knowledge and proficiency in the principles, procedures and best practices related to this position.
Skills/Abilities: Strong written and verbal communication skills; Ability to provide excellent customer service to the campus community; Ability to learn basic financial record keeping methods, procedures, and practices; make mathematical calculations with speed and accuracy; maintain files and records; Ability to learn medical and insurance billing software; Ability to work with confidential material and maintain confidentiality along with sensitivity
- Work is performed primarily in a standard office environment with extensive contact with the public
- 37 hours a week
- Tuesday 10:30 am – 7 pm,
Wednesday 10:30 am – 7 pm.
- Thursday 11:30 am – 8 pm.
- Friday 9:30 am – 6 pm,
- Saturday 8:30 am – 1:30 pm.
- Off on Sunday and Monday (ie. second day off during the week may vary due to business needs)
- Able to spend long hours standing, sitting, and lifting up to 25 pounds
- Nature of work requires an ability to operate standard business office equipment
- Requires ability to communicate and exchange information clearly and concisely.
- Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in an office setting; to stand or sit for prolonged periods of time; to occasionally stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, reach, and twist; to lift, carry, push, and/or pull light to moderate amounts of weight; to operate office equipment requiring repetitive hand movement and fine coordination including use of a computer keyboard; and to verbally communicate to exchange information.
Apply for Chiropractic Assistant/Cashier
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly