Information Analyst for Student Aid and Financial Literacy
Information Analyst for Student Aid and Financial Literacy
Student Aid & Financial Literacy
Worcester Polytechnic Institute - WPI
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Reporting to the Director of Financial Aid, the Information Analyst will join an existing Information Analyst in Financial Aid to provide information technology support and solutions to the Office of Student Aid and Financial Literacy. In addition, the Information Analyst will work closely with the two additional Information Analysts supporting the broader Enrollment Management division.
The Information Analyst assists in the design, development, testing and integration of IT tools, applications, and products and provides technology training and support as a way of maximizing resources and enhancing efforts to achieve departmental and university goals. The Information Analyst will develop subject matter knowledge to solve complex technical issues, discover software failures, identify solutions and recommend product enhancements. Together, the Financial Aid information analysts will lead re-engineering efforts for departmental business processes and coordinate efforts to evaluate, establish, implement and document office procedures and outcomes. They are responsible for managing data integration and reporting to support department operations and strategic decision-making, as well as providing primary support in trouble-shooting user issues. Technology, integrations, data, and reporting are rapidly evolving at WPI so the ability to adapt is crucial to this role.
The Office of Student Aid and Financial Literacy is seeking to increase its technically-skilled staff in advance of the migration of the student information system to Workday and as part of a larger initiative to improve business process, data integrity and access, and to increase data-driven decision-making. The Financial Aid Information Analyst team will work closely with the two Enrollment Management Information Analysts to facilitate accurate and efficient data reporting and processes supporting the institutional strategic initiatives.
- Work closely with the Director of Financial Aid and the Director of Office Operations to use technology to improve business processes in the Office of Student Aid and Financial Literacy.
- Lead and direct staff to support and troubleshoot departmental technology initiatives and operations.
- Provide support and training for data processing and reporting efforts within the department. Run recurring and ad hoc reports as needed for general office reporting.
- Investigate, implement and document new business process flows for new functionality as dictated by federal regulations, institutional policies, interdepartmental dependencies or office automation requests.
- Work with users to develop, implement, and maintain IT-based processes, including workflow, reporting, and analysis tools such as survey reporting, accreditation documentation, budget planning and tracking, etc.
- Work with business users, IT staff, and implementation partners to ensure a smooth transition to Workday Student.
- In collaboration with IT and Information Analysts in other divisions, coordinate cross-departmental and cross-divisional initiatives for system integration, upgrades, and data integration.
- Act as primary point of contact between the IT Division and the Office of Student Aid and Financial Literacy; oversee any IT upgrades within the department and support campus-wide technology ventures on behalf of the division.
- Participate in regional and national professional conferences as a means of developing professional networks, identifying best practices, and furthering WPI's reputation in the field.
- Utilize additional software and programming tools (such as SQL, Excel, Tableau, Workday Report Writer) for the generation of reports and to support the work of the department.
- Train, update, and assist staff with technology related issues and projects; help staff better utilize technology to track progress, measure results and develop reports in support of departmental and university goals and objectives.
- Serve on the Administrative Services Working Group, the Data Stewards Working Group, and the Tableau User's Group.
- Meet regularly with the broader team of Information Analysts within Enrollment Management (two Financial Aid IAs; 2 Divisional IAs) to support divisional technology initiatives and operations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree required, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- High level knowledge of FERPA and other relevant regulations concerning student and university records management.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a wide range of constituencies, including staff, faculty, administrators, students and parents, on a wide range of issues; interactions require discretion, diplomacy, judgment and maturity.
- Solid project management experience, including excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written); must be able to communicate to both technical and business audiences.
- Ability to write clear and comprehensive instructions, business process documentation, and training materials.
- Ability to work as part of a team with shifting roles and responsibilities during system migration/implementation.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work for maximum efficiency.
- SQL programming skills.
- Demonstrated database management experience.
- Experience with Salesforce.
- Experience with Workday.
- Experience with Tableau.
- Experience with navigating a major system migration.
- Experience with integration tools such as SnapLogic, Axiom, and Informatica.
- Experience in managing integrated student information systems.
Please submit your cover letter along with your resume when applying to this position for further consideration.
United States of America (Exempt)
WPI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability. We are seeking individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences who will contribute to a culture of creativity and collaboration, inclusion, problem solving and change making.
To apply, visit: https://wpi.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/WPI_External_Career_Site/job/Worcester/Information-Analyst-for-Student-Aid-and-Financial-Literacy_R0000089
WPI is a vibrant, active, and diverse community of extraordinary students, world-renowned faculty, and state of the art research facilities. At WPI, we have competitive and comprehensive benefits, including health insurance, long-term care, retirement, tuition assistance, flexible spending accounts, work-life balance and much more.
Diversity & Inclusion at WPI
WPI is committed to creating an inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued and respected; a place where every student, faculty and staff member can be themselves, so that they can study, live, and work comfortably, to reach their full potential, and make meaningful contributions in order to meet departmental and institutional goals. WPI thrives on innovative practice and welcomes diverse perspectives, insight, and people from diverse lived experiences, to enhance the community environment and propel the institution to the next level in a competitive, global marketplace.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency