Information Analyst for Enrollment Management
Information Analyst for Enrollment Management
Worcester Polytechnic Institute - WPI
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Reporting to the Director of Institutional Research and Strategic Decision Support, the Information Analyst for Enrollment Management will join an existing Information Analyst as a team to provide information technology support and solutions to the Division of Enrollment Management at WPI. The Divisional Information Analyst team will work closely with the Information Analysts in the Office of Student Aid and Financial Literacy.
The Information Analyst team assists in the design, development, testing and integration of IT tools, applications, and products and provides technology training and support as a way of maximizing resources and enhancing efforts to achieve departmental and university goals. They will develop subject matter knowledge to solve complex technical issues, discover software failures, identify solutions and recommend product enhancements. Together, they will lead re-engineering efforts for departmental business processes and coordinate efforts to evaluate, establish, implement and document office procedures and outcomes. They are responsible for managing data integration and reporting to support department and division operations and strategic decision-making and provide primary support in trouble-shooting user issues. Technology, integrations, data, and reporting are rapidly evolving at WPI so the ability to adapt is crucial to this role.
The Division of Enrollment Management is seeking to increase its technically-skilled staff in advance of the migration of the student information system to Workday and as part of a larger initiative to improve business process, data integrity and access, and to increase data-driven decision-making. The Information Analyst team will work closely with the rest of the Institutional Research staff to facilitate accurate and efficient data reporting and processes supporting the institutional strategic initiatives.
- Work closely with the Department Heads in the Office of the Registrar, Undergraduate Admissions, Undergraduate Enrollment Services, Graduate Enrollment Services, Pre-Collegiate Outreach, Office of Multicultural Affairs, and Institutional Research to use technology to improve business processes in their respective areas.
- Lead and direct staff to support and troubleshoot divisional technology initiatives and operations.
- Provide support and training for data processing and reporting efforts within the division.
- Run recurring and ad hoc reports as needed for general office reporting, for university surveys and for data verification.
- Investigate, implement and document new business process flows for new functionality as dictated by federal regulations, institutional policies, interdepartmental dependencies or office automation requests.
- Work with users to develop, implement, and maintain IT-based processes, including workflow, reporting, and analysis tools such as survey reporting, accreditation documentation, budget planning and tracking, etc. Work with business users, IT staff, and implementation partners to ensure a smooth transition to Workday Student.
- Assist the Data Architecture staff in IT in populating and maintaining a University-wide data dictionary.
- In collaboration with IT and Information Analysts in other divisions, coordinate cross-departmental and cross-divisional initiatives for system integration, upgrades, and data integration.
- Act as primary point of contact between the IT Division and the Enrollment Management Division; oversee any IT upgrades within the division and support campus-wide technology ventures on behalf of the division.
- Participate in regional and national professional conferences as a means of developing professional networks, identifying best practices, and furthering WPI's reputation in the field.
- Utilize additional software and programming tools (such as SQL, Excel, Tableau, Workday Report Writer) for the generation of reports and to support the work of the division.
- Train, update, and assist staff with technology related issues and projects; help staff better utilize technology to track progress, measure results and develop reports in support of division goals and objectives.
- Work in conjunction with the Office of Institutional Research to ensure high level of accuracy and precision in data reporting and data integrity.
- Serve on the Administrative Services Working Group, the Data Stewards Working Group, and the Tableau User's Group.
- Convene regular meetings of divisional Information Analysts to support divisional technology initiatives and operations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree required, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- High level knowledge of FERPA and other relevant regulations concerning student and university records management.
- Experience in managing integrated student information systems.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a wide range of constituencies, including staff, faculty, administrators, students and parents, on a wide range of issues; interactions require discretion, diplomacy, judgment and maturity.
- Solid project management experience, including excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written); must be able to communicate to both technical and business audiences.
- Ability to write clear and comprehensive instructions, business process documentation, and training materials.
- Ability to work as part of a team with shifting roles and responsibilities during system migration/implementation.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work for maximum efficiency.
- Experience with Slate, Salesforce, and other CRM platforms.
- Experience with integration tools such as SnapLogic, Axiom, and Informatica.
- SQL programming skills.
- Demonstrated database management experience.
- Experience with Workday.
- Experience with Tableau.
- Experience with navigating a major system migration.
Please submit your cover letter along with your resume when applying to this position for further consideration.
United States of America (Exempt)
WPI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability. We are seeking individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences who will contribute to a culture of creativity and collaboration, inclusion, problem solving and change making.
To apply, visit: https://wpi.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/WPI_External_Career_Site/job/Worcester/Information-Analyst-for-Enrollment-Management_R0000088
WPI is a vibrant, active, and diverse community of extraordinary students, world-renowned faculty, and state of the art research facilities. At WPI, we have competitive and comprehensive benefits, including health insurance, long-term care, retirement, tuition assistance, flexible spending accounts, work-life balance and much more.
Diversity & Inclusion at WPI
WPI is committed to creating an inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued and respected; a place where every student, faculty and staff member can be themselves, so that they can study, live, and work comfortably, to reach their full potential, and make meaningful contributions in order to meet departmental and institutional goals. WPI thrives on innovative practice and welcomes diverse perspectives, insight, and people from diverse lived experiences, to enhance the community environment and propel the institution to the next level in a competitive, global marketplace.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency