Institutional Research Data Analyst
Life Chiropractic College West (Life West) is a world-renowned leader in chiropractic education. Our dedicated focus on the profession sets us apart from other institutions making our doctoral and continuing education programs some of the most sought-after in the world. Through a leading-edge curriculum and clinical training experience, we provide graduates with the knowledge, skills, philosophies, attitudes, and competencies to be the best in their field. Life West also empowers transformation. We believe that an outstanding education provides opportunities and resources far beyond the classroom experience. Our mission is to support the full career lifecycle from the classroom to retirement.
The Institutional Research Data Analyst (IRDA) performs College institutional effectiveness work by integrating data generated from campus-wide processes, work flows, and data sources. The incumbent performs data cleansing and integration functions and supports analyses of institutional data that informs decision-making of operational and educational activities. The IRDA applies knowledge of computer programming, data management, data integration, quality systems, statistics to support continuous improvement activities of Institutional Effectiveness and Planning.
The vision of Life West is to create a brighter future for humanity through graduating chiropractors who have a deep understanding of service, and of the innate potential of the human body to heal and adapt to its environment. The Doctor of Chiropractic program prepares graduates for personal and professional fulfilment in a climate of loving, serving and giving.
The IRDA is responsible for:
- Working with data providers to maintain data quality and credibility
- Participating in project planning processes to define deliverables, data collection tools and systems, and establish timelines
- Collaborating with key operational and academic stakeholders to understand their business requirements, work flows, and transactional data activities and processes
- Authoring, testing and validating computing scripts to cleanse, manipulate, and aggregate data from multiple sources
- Integrating data from structured and unstructured data sources
- Data cleansing, data management, matching, merging, data clarifications, and creation of exception reports
- Assuring the accuracy, quality, and credibility of institutional data used in analyses, decisions, and planning
- Data mining, data analysis, interpretation of results, and preparation of reports and dashboards
- Producing the institutional FactBook
- Supporting compliance reporting to accrediting agencies and local, state, and federal governmental entities
- Developing and managing survey instruments, data collection, and reports
- Communicating effectively the results of data analyses to diverse groups of the campus community
- Working cooperatively, collaboratively, and across all departments of the institution
The IRDA reports to the Director of Institutional Research and supports strategic and annual planning and departmental reviews of data collection, analyses, and associated processes.
The IRDA works independently and within teams to develop computational programs and Application Program Interfaces (APIs) to query and integrate data from structured and unstructured sources. The IRDA develops digital tools for data collection, algorithms for data cleansing, scripts for statistical analyses, templates and macros for data visualization, and reports and dashboards for publication. The IRDA consults with the Director of Institutional Research to set priorities.
As an IRDA, you will work in a team environment to develop, and maintain the data integrity of the institution.
Ideal candidates will have excellent technical and interpersonal skills as well as a strong commitment to supporting our values that include team focus, creative problem solving, and technical curiosity. You will have the opportunity to grow technically and professionally while working on an energetic and collaborative team.
We provide a challenging work environment at a premier higher education institution. We offer an exceptional benefits package and many other support resources to help employees balance their professional and personal lives.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE: EDUCATION & TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
Required skills and education qualifications are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Education, or Business Administration
- Minimum of one year’s work experience with statistical software programs such as SPSS, SAS, SAP, and JMP
- Minimum of two year’s work experience with analytical environments such as Microsoft PowerTools, and Power BI
- Demonstrated experience as system administrator for survey applications, such as Qualtrics
- Knowledge, and demonstrated experience, in the collection and data management of survey software products, such as of Qualtrics, Survey Monkey, EBI MapWorks-SkyFactor, and Question Pro
- Minimum of two years’ work experience in Institutional Research at a post-secondary college, university or institution of higher education
Preferred skills and education qualifications are:
- Master’s degree in Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Education, or Business Administration
- Demonstrated education and accomplishments in Statistics with application in Education, Business Intelligence, Planning, Continuous Improvement, and Compliance
- Two year’s work experience with cloud analytical environments, such as Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services and Oracle Analytics Cloud
- A resume of accomplishments in the higher education field of Measurement, Evaluation, Statistics and Assessment (MESA)
- Knowledge and experience in the assessment, evaluation, and analysis of Competency Based Education (CBE)
- Experience in ERP implementations, data conversion, ETL scripts, and data mapping and validation
- Nature of work requires an ability to operate standard business office equipment.
- Requires ability to communicate and exchange information, collect, compile and prepare work documents, set-up and maintain work files.
- Provide professional services with integrity
- Provide professional services objectively
- Maintain the knowledge and skill necessary to provide professional services competently
- Be fair and reasonable in all professional relationships. Disclose conflicts of interest
- Protect the confidentiality of all client information
- Act in a manner that demonstrates exemplary professional conduct
- Provide professional services diligently
- Work performed in a general office, classroom and laboratory environment.