Lead Web Developer
Temple University's Fox School of Business and School of Sport, Tourism and Hospitality Management (STHM) are seeking a Lead Web Developer to join our Marketing & Communications team. The Lead Web Developer will oversee the development and maintenance of the Fox School and STHM websites. The ideal candidate will have a strong user understanding and demonstrated expertise in usability, architecture, development, design, web content, and SEO, as well as project planning and implementation. He/she is a hands-on professional with strong knowledge of content management platforms, and an ability to translate business needs into user-friendly functions that expand our brand influence and presence.
This position sits within the Fox School/STHM marketing communication team, and will collaborate closely with the other members of the team to ensure integration and efficiency's across functional areas of the team (creative services, content, communications, lead-gen, advertising, etc.) in support of driving the brand forward and accomplishing business goals. He/she will also be involved with SEO and keyword research efforts to enable the team to make informed decisions about content, navigation, etc. This position is highly visible, and will interface with school leadership and key stakeholders throughout the schools. In addition, the Lead Web Developer will be a critical link to the university's Strategic Marketing & Communications division, working closely with the web team to ensure consistency within the university's brand and user experience.
The ideal candidate is a hands-on technologist who is always evaluating the latest software technologies and can set the vision, direction, and practices for the web development team, providing leadership and inspiring the team to proactively bring new ideas, technologies, and methodologies to the table
Required Education & Experience:
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Marketing, Web Design or related field and at least 3 years of experience in a technology role and/or digital marketing. Must have a portfolio of web development experience that includes HTML-XML/XSL/CSS, Wordpress and Drupal, Google Analytics, building user interfaces from wireframes and designs, strategic planning and implementation, project management, interfacing with various stakeholders and directing and training personnel. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered. Required Skills & Abilities:
* Must have a deep understanding of website development
* Working knowledge of pre-processors SASS and LESS
* Familiarity with GIT or similar open source version control systems.
* Expertise in development, implementation and use of major content management systems and tools
* Familiar with development and debugging tools for cross-browser issues
* Familiarity with digital marketing principles and analytics
* Ability to train, direct, monitor performance and provide feedback to staff. Temple University values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity for all persons regardless of age, color, disability, ethnicity, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status protected by law. Compliance Statement: In the performance of their functions as detailed in the position description employees have an obligation to avoid ethical, legal, financial and other conflicts of interest to ensure that their actions and outside activities do not conflict with their primary employment responsibilities at the institution. Employees are also expected to understand and be in compliance with applicable laws, University and. employment policies and regulations, including NCAA regulations for areas and departments which their essential functions cause them to interact. To obtain additional information about Temple University please visit our website at www.temple.edu. Temple University's Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains statistics, policies, and procedures related to campus safety and can be found at: http://www.temple.edu/safety/asfr/ You may request a copy of the report by calling Temple University's Campus Safety Services at 215-204-7900.