Community College of Philadelphia
Community College of Philadelphia is dedicated to promoting a work environment which attracts and retains talented and diverse faculty and staff, and which challenges each of us to achieve at the highest level while contributing to the mission of the College. We value and support a culturally diverse and intellectually dynamic community to prepare our students for global citizenship. Join us as we transition from our first 50 years into the next and build upon a legacy that will impact the city of Philadelphia and beyond.Community College of Philadelphia is seeking to fill an Accountant II position. Reporting to the Manager of Accounting, the Accountant II is responsible for processing grant activities and maintaining the financial records in compliance with terms and conditions and audit standards. This position provides accounting support for both College and Foundation fund. The position also assists with the grant closing process, reconciling funds and accounts to identify errors or discrepancies and perform general ledger account analysis.
For a complete position description, and to apply online, please visit our career site at jobs.ccp.edu, or click the “Apply” button.
Community College of Philadelphia recognizes that our employees are important and vital to our success. We offer a high-quality, comprehensive program of benefits, which represents an important component of total compensation.
Our benefits include:
- 100% College-paid medical, dental and prescription drug for employee and all of their eligible family members
- College-paid life and disability insurance
- College closes for Winter Break the week between Christmas and New Years and for a week in March for Spring Break
- Tuition remission (for classes at the College)
- Forgivable tuition loan (for classes at any accredited academic institution)
- 403(b) retirement plan with 10% College contribution
- Healthcare and Dependent Care flexible spending accounts
- College operates on a 4-day work week during the summer months
- Paid vacation plus holiday and personal time off
Community College of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.Minimum Qualifications
• Bachelor's degree is required.
• Two (2) years of accounting work experience required.
• Strong analytical skills with excellent attention to detail required.
• Ability to work independently and prioritize workload required.
• Good communication skills both verbal and written and the ability to interact with different departments required.
• Strong computer proficiency in computerized accounting systems required.
• Strong computer proficiency in MS Word and Excel required.
• Experience utilizing an enterprise-wide information system required.
• Demonstrated ability to perform problem-solving tasks through detailed analysis of financial transactions with minimal direction required.
• Ability to communicate and coordinate accounting functions of the department with other areas of the College.
• Ability to maintain sensitivity, respect and understanding for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty, and staff of varying social, economic, cultural, ideological and ethnic backgrounds.
• Bachelor's degree with a concentration or certificate in Accounting preferred. Any and all degree(s) must be from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning.
• Banner, Argos and Tableau reporting tool experience preferred.