Video Content Producer
Areas of Intereset: Art/Design
Functional Areas: Strategic Relations & Communications
Department: Office of Strategic Relations
Requisition Number: 13738
Location: Boulder, CO
Employment Type: University Staff
Posting Close Date: 21-Oct-2018
The Office of Strategic Relations welcomes applications for a Video Content Producer. This individual creates, edits and produces original Strategic Relations and Communications (SRC) short- and long-form video concepts and productions for a variety of audiences including prospective students, SRC client audiences, the general public and business/government leaders. Video productions are used in advertising, news, internal communications and other forms of mass and social media distribution. This position will also assist in developing and supporting the university brand through creation and dissemination of original high-quality video and motion graphic content, and may generate revenue for SRC through various campus videography/motion graphic project work.
Who We Are
The Office of Strategic Relations creates the strategies, messages, and tools to align CU Boulder’s communications, engage with and influence its audiences and advance its reputation and mission.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
High-Level, Strategic Videography and Motion Graphic Post-Production
- Create and execute high-level, strategic video and motion graphic content for SRC under the guidance of the Senior Director of Video and Communications Consulting.
- Collaborate with the Video Production Manager and team video members.
- Plan, project manage, edit, and deliver content to clients.
- Collaborate with other SRC staff including media relations, marketing/creative staff, and other campus personnel for the production, post-production, and delivery of content.
- Train media relations staff and campus partners in video production and best practices for visual storytelling.
- Work closely with Senior Director of Video and Communications Consulting and Video Production Manager to maintain best practices for video capture, post-production, workflow and asset management.
- Maintain awareness of and incorporate industry trends and technological innovation in both creating and viewing of content.
What We Can Offer
The anticipated salary range starts at $50,000.00.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
Be Creative. Be Resourceful. Be Boulder.
What We Require
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor's degree.
- 3 - 5 years experience in all aspects of creating professional quality video/audio; to include developing production concepts, working with clients to refine ideas, and executing production.
What You Will Need
- Ability to create and develop advertising content, as well as short and long-form video content.
- Strong motion graphic skills and abilities.
- Background or experience in either multimedia journalism, advertising, and the production of news-ready video content.
- Advanced storytelling skills, applicable to video/motion graphic production and post-production.
- Video editing skills and experience using Edit Share asset management software.
- In-depth and broad knowledge of video/motion graphic production technologies and techniques.
- Energetic, productive, and quality improvement oriented worker capable of independent decision making, complex problem-solving and project completion.
- Collegial team member with strong interpersonal skills and a service-oriented work attitude.
- Demonstrated customer relationship skills.
- Demonstrated written and oral communication and training skills - Must be able to work outside of the regular M-F 8-5 schedule, and on-call.
- Creativity, ability to work independently and as part of a production team. The ability to improvise, inspire, lead and listen are highly desirable.
What We Would Like You To Have
- Experience using various professional camera platforms.
- Knowledge and experience in motion graphic tools including Cinema 4D.
- High level of experience using Adobe CC including Premiere Pro and After Affects.
- Experience shooting and editing video/audio productions.
- Experience with social media distribution channels such as YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, and others.
- Familiarity with Extensis Portfolio Digital Asset management software.
- Experience developing video narrative content for editorial and marketing uses.
- Video project management and delivery experience.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume.
- A cover letter that specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A link to a work sample reel is required.
- A more successful reel will be a start-to-finish complete work (e.g., commercial, news piece, documentary, etc.) and not just an edited summary or highlight reel.
- On your resume please include this as a hyperlink to your website, YouTube channel, etc.
- Your application will be incomplete without a sample reel.
This posting will close on October 21, 2018.
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
The University of Colorado is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer