Accounting Manager, Gift & Endowment
Requisition # 2018-9450
Department Gift & Endowment Accounting
Category Financial Services and Procurement
Full-Time / Part-Time Full-Time
Princeton University's Office of Finance and Treasury seeks an experience accounting professional to manage Gift and Endowment accounting as part of the Gift and Endowment team. The Accounting Manager, Gift and Endowment reports to and assists the Director, Gift and Endowment Accounting. The Manager's responsibilities include accounting for endowed gift activity, general gift operations and accounting support. The Manager is required to possess an in-depth knowledge of accounting principles. Responsibilities include oversight of the accounting for the unitized fund ownership of the endowment, security gift accounting, ensuring accurate gift activity interface to the general ledger, ensuring accurate and timely reconciliation of gift activity between University systems, managing the accounting for gift and related funds separately invested, preparation of ad hoc gift reporting, and supporting year end gift and endowment related financial statement reporting and various other gift analytics. The Accounting Manager is also responsible for meeting various gift reporting requirements for internal management, regulatory, fiduciary, industry, and tax reporting purposes.
The Office of Finance & Treasury actively searches for staff members of exceptional ability and promise who share in Princeton University's commitment to excellence, and who present a diversity of viewpoints and cultures. We offer varied professional opportunities spanning all aspects of financial management, analysis, and processing in support of the teaching and research mission. As part of the University community, we respect the dignity and individuality of each member while trying to foster a sense of shared experience and common purpose. We are unwavering in our commitment to both diversity and community and embrace the variety of talents, backgrounds, and perspectives of all of our colleagues.
In this capacity, the Accounting Manager will have these primary responsibilities:
- Manage the operations and related accounting functions for endowment gifts and other transfers utilizing the University's endowment accounting system
- Manage the monitoring of the daily gift activity interface to the general ledger and working with the Office of Alumni and Donor Records to support the periodic reconciliation of gift activity between systems
- Ensure accurate and timely accounting and reconciliation of security gifts by working with the University's external securities broker and other internal departments
- Manage the accounting for gift and related funds separately invested, preparation of ad hoc gift reporting
- Support year end gift and endowment related financial statement reporting including endowment roll forward reports and various other gift analytics and reporting metrics
- Assist in policy development and identify areas for process improvement and documentation
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or related field
- 4 to 6 years of related work experience.
- Strong working knowledge of accounting principles
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with close attention to detail
- Ability to communicate clearly and collaborate with other departments, and balance multiple priorities from multiple stakeholders
- Strong Microsoft Office Excel skills, including advanced Excel functions
- Experience with complex reconciliations
- Experience with PeopleSoft Financials
- CPA and/or Master's Degree in related field
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
Standard Weekly Hours
Eligible for Overtime
Essential Services Personnel (see policy for detail)
Physical Capacity Exam Required
Valid Driver's License Required
Connect With Us! Join our Talent Network to receive updates about working at Princeton.
Princeton University job offers are contingent upon the candidate's successful completion of a background check, reference checks, and pre-employment screening, as applicable. The type and extent of background check, reference checks, and pre-employment screening may vary depending on the requirements and/or functions of the job and the candidate's current employment status with Princeton University.
Go to our careers site.