Client Technologies Technician II
Commitment to Mission:
This job carries with it the obligation to uphold the Mission of Lone Star College (LSC) in carrying out the duties of the position. A commitment to positive interpersonal behaviors, professional communication, diversity, integrity, leadership, stewardship, respect and accountability to LSC students and employees is essential.
• Students Matter
• Inspire Excellence
• Act Intentionally
• Better Together
• No Fear!
The Chronicle of Higher Education's "Great Colleges to Work For" is designed to recognize colleges that have been successful in creating great workplaces and to further research and understanding of the factors, dynamics and influences that have the most impact on organizational culture at higher education institutions.
Lone Star College was recognized in five areas: Confidence in Senior Leadership; Diversity; Facilities, Workspace & Security; Job Satisfaction; and Work/Life Balance.
Campus Marketing Statement:
Lone Star College-Montgomery
Lone Star College offers high-quality, affordable academic transfer and career training education to 99,000 students each semester. LSC is training tomorrow's workforce today and redefining the community college experience to support student success. Stephen C. Head, Ph.D., serves as chancellor of LSC, the largest institution of higher education in the Houston area with an annual economic impact of nearly $3 billion.
LSC, which consists of six colleges, eight centers, two university centers, Lone Star Corporate College and LSC-Online, was named a 2017 Great Colleges to Work For by the Chronicle of Higher Education. To learn more, visit LoneStar.edu.
Lone Star College-Montgomery, the premiere student-centered educational institution in Montgomery County, serves The Woodlands and Conroe communities. LSC-Montgomery provides a relaxing and conducive learning atmosphere while offering leisure learning opportunities, individual classes, and unique programs such as radiologic technology, physical therapy, and biotechnology.
Campus address is 3200 College Park Drive. Conroe, Texas 77384-4500.
The Client Technologies Tech II will be responsible for supporting and maintaining PC, peripherals, inhouse audio-visual equipment, and non-print media assets as required. This will include operating, maintaining, distributing, installing, configuring, repairing, and upgrading various PC, audiovisual, and media products while ensuring their optimal performance. Will support services for specialized computing and/or multiple technologies and perform complex and diverse computer and/or AV support activities. The Client Technologies Tech II will work directly with faculty and staff to define PC Desktop and/or AV requirements and develop standards to ensure reasonable consistency across all supported platforms. This position is a member of a 24/7/365 global department.
- Support campus and classroom computer and AV technologies as required including repairs on any desktop, laptop, or printer supported by OTS; Consult with customers on upgrades and repairs and interpret varied situations and problems
- Support and maintain technology including PC, peripherals, in-house audio-visual equipment, and non-print media assets as required; Operate, maintain, distribute, install, configure, repair, and upgrade various PC, audiovisual, and media products while ensuring their optimal performance
- Troubleshoot highly complex technical problems and perform analyses to determine root cause of problems; Perform software troubleshooting on customers' computers as related to hardware issues
- Monitor the ticket queue to ensure that service level agreements are being met and customers are being taken care of in a timely manner
- Create or update software package that are required on the base configuration of LSC computers; Work with project teams in the design, creation, and/or in testing of new products, services, and procedures 6.
- Serve as the campus subject matter expert for various support technologies (JSS, BitLocker, SCCM, etc.)
- Assist customers through consultation, diagnosis, and implementation of solutions that are reasonably within resources and that will leverage existing technologies at the College
- Act as campus admin for imaging software critical for the installation of operating systems and software to campus computers
- Install and remediate AV equipment including but not limited to classroom setups, podium assembly, cable termination, projectors, screens, control equipment, etc. with the usage of both hand and power tools HISTORY: PDX Approved_06042018
- Assist PC Desktop and/or AV technological and lay staff determine needs and match resources to business priorities for matters ranging from application development through hardware acquisitions
- Perform periodic checks of computer labs and classrooms to make sure that all PC and AV equipment is functioning properly
- Provide end-user training and assistance and collaborate with other teams and departments to find solutions to end-user's goals and technical needs
- Responsible for other reasonable, related duties as assigned
- Possesses specialized knowledge of PC Desktop and/or AV systems, processes, or software as required
- Highly detailed understanding of Windows, Mac, and Unix operating systems
- Demonstrated background of strong customer service orientation
- Highly skilled at explaining technical subjects to non- technical as well as technical customers
- Has deeper knowledge of the specific area or areas of IT in which they specialize
- Maintains an awareness of state of the art concepts, practices and technologies and applies this awareness to his/her work
- Understands the purpose and operations of other teams within IT
- Ability to extrapolate existing information/practices to solve problems; May help team members and/or customers clarify somewhat complex problems or situations
- Ability to identify and resolve issues (e.g., technical, disagreements, business concerns)within a group
- Ability to translate technical information into specifications or action plans; May probe with customers to discover unexpressed information
- Ability to develop presentations that inform team members and customers
- Ability to, with or without formal authority, persuades and influences others
- Ability to negotiate needed actions, using established precedents
- Ability to informally coach others (e.g., students, new hires, other team members or customers)
- Ability to recommend new procedures affecting several teams
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks to be completed in the short-term
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds without assistance
- Ability to identify complex, multi-faceted problems and takes immediate action to address them
- Knows and follows standard operating procedures
The work is sedentary. Typically, the employee sits comfortably to do the work. However, there may be some walking; standing; bending; carrying of light items, such as papers, books, or small parts; or driving an automobile. No special physical demands are required to perform the work.
Work Schedule & Conditions:
- PC workstation running on a LAN in a Microsoft Windows environment, calculator, phone and other general office equipment, as well as a variety of specialized equipment generally associated with machining labs
- Interface with internal and external contacts as needed to carry out the functions of the position
- Work is performed both indoors in a climate-controlled office environment
Please go to your profile page. To add a file, select the "attachments" tab. Click on the "add" tab. Click "Browse" and select the file you want to attach. Then click "attach." It will redirect you back to the general profile page. Repeat steps to add additional documents.
Tips: You can only attach a maximum of five (5) files no larger than 2MB (2047 bytes) each. The total file capacity is 10MB. If your individual file exceeds the file limit, you will receive an error message. The search tool recruiter's use for candidates will not be able to analyze the content of some attached files, mostly image files, and compressed files (zip). The recommended file attachments are word or pdf files.
Please include the requisition number and your name in the title of your file. You must limit your file name to 40 characters or less.
Duration of Job Posting:
Position posted until filled
- High school diploma or GED and at least 2 years of related work experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience Certification on PCs, Macs and HP printers
- A+ certification or industry recognized equivalent
- Experience and education can be substituted for certifications
- Associates degree
- ITIL Foundations or industry recognized equivalent certification
- MCSA or recognized equivalent
- AV certification
- Essentials of AV Technology, Infocomm or recognized equivalent
- Apple Certified Associate
- Advanced experience in hardware troubleshooting and repair
By joining our top-notch institution, you will enjoy being a part of an organization recognized for the 3rd year in a row as a "Great College to Work For". We offer a supportive, collegial work environment, excellent work/life balance, full comprehensive and competitive benefits package, wellness program, professional development opportunities, sabbatical opportunities and more
How to Apply:
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ONLINE ONLY
We will not accept application material received via fax, email, mail, or hand delivered.
Postings for part-time and adjunct positions are active for the academic year. By selecting the option to receive notifications on your profile, you will begin receiving electronic communication regarding new opportunities with Lone Star College (LSC).
If selected for an interview, a recruiter will contact you by phone, or email to schedule an interview.
Lone Star College participates in the E-Verify program, under which Lone Star College provides the federal government with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm that the employee is authorized to work in the United States.
More information on the E-Verify program is available at www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
Lone Star College is an EEO Employer. All positions are subject to a criminal background check.
Primary Location: US-Texas-Conroe
Work Locations: 3200 College Park Dr (0400) , 3200 College Park Dr , Conroe , 77384
Job: Office of Technology Services
Organization: System Office - 00
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Required Documents: Resume/Curriculum Vitae
Job Posting: Oct 11, 2018, 4:55:50 PM