Student Affairs Specialist (part-time)
Lynn University is an independent, innovative college based in warm, sunny Boca Raton, Florida. We're consistently recognized by The Chronicle of Higher Education as a "Great College to Work For" in such areas as compensation and benefits; work/life balance; job satisfaction; and respect and appreciation.
Our nearly 3,000 students hail from approximately 100 countries and nearly all 50 states, making Lynn one of the top five most international schools for our size. Our campus is a melting pot of cultures and beliefs, and we pride ourselves on our ability to embrace new ideas.
As a Lynn employee, you'll be free to think differently. You'll enjoy on-campus events and workshops that aim to reduce stress and celebrate community. And most importantly, you'll be doing your part to build a better future.
Lynn is currently accepting applications for the position of Student Affairs Specialist. The part-time evening and weekend Student Affairs Specialist will assist the Center for Student Involvement in overseeing the operation and direction of several programs and services to develop and implement a comprehensive and intentional beyond the classroom experience. The Division of Student Affairs supports the mission of the institution; creates supportive environments and innovative opportunities for student learning; meets the needs and addresses the interests of a diverse campus population; and contributes to the overall development of individuals and the campus community.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee the evening and weekend activities for the Center for Student Involvement, which include organizing facilities and managing all event's details such as décor, catering, entertainment, location, special guests, equipment, promotional material etc.
- Work with various members of the community (Student Organizations, Housekeeping, Maintenance, Campus Safety, Dining Services, and more)
- Work with contracted external vendors to ensure that programming is executed
- Propose ideas to improve provided services and event quality
- Ensure compliance with insurance, legal, health and safety obligation
- Proactively handle any arising issues and troubleshoot any emerging problems on the event day
- Compile and prepare reports and other complex documents
- Assist with ongoing departmental assessments of services and programs as well as completing annual reports for the department
- Assist in the management of the physical facilities under the purview of the Division, which include but are not limited to: Lynn Fitness Center, East & West Pools, Sand Volleyball Court, Intramural Field, and Outdoor Multipurpose Courts through the coordination of activities, maintaining equipment, enforcing University policy and reporting issues to the appropriate department
- Create work orders related to office needs
- Support and implement the divisional and University mission and strategic plan
- Maintain professional conduct and ethical behavior at all time
- Administer all other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Must have a valid and clear diver's license and be permitted to drive in the state of Florida
- Must have a minimum of a Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university
- This position requires evenings and weekends to complete position requirements
- Proven experience as an events planner or organizer
- Impressive portfolio of previously managed events (weddings, meetings, parties, corporate events)
- Excellent time management and communication skills
- Excellent communication and conflict resolution skills
- Strong leadership, judgment, managerial, organizational, interpersonal, and motivational skills
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity
- Experience in a position that clearly demonstrates the ability to work effectively with others
Accreditation and equal opportunity
Lynn University is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, pregnancy or parenting status, veteran status, retirement status, or any other characteristic protected by law. In accordance with Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Lynn University does not discriminate on the basis of sex. Inquiries concerning the application of the non-discrimination policy may be directed to the University Compliance Officer/Title IX Coordinator at 3601 N. Military Trail, Boca Raton, FL 33431; via email at firstname.lastname@example.org; by phone at +1 561-237-7727 or to the U.S. Dept. of Education OCR.
Lynn University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) to award baccalaureate, masters and doctoral degrees. Contact the SACSCOC at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call +1 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Lynn University. 2016 Lynn University 08/16.
Americans with Disabilities Act
Please notify us at least five days in advance if a reasonable accommodation for a disability is needed by calling +1 561-237-7639.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
In compliance with the Clery Act, the University annually provides a report to each student and current employee, as well as to prospective employees and students, that provides a detailed disclosure of information regarding campus security practices (including Emergency Response Plan, Timely Warnings, Emergency Warnings, Missing Persons, fire safety policies, fire prevention data, and Crime Log policies), as well as crime and fire-related incident statistics for the preceding year. The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at lynn.edu/securityreport
For your health, Lynn University is now smoke- and tobacco-free.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.