CEWIT Event and Program Coordinator
CEWIT Event and Program Coordinator-1802025
Required Qualifications (as evidenced by an attached resume):Bachelor's Degree (foreign equivalent or higher). Two (2) years of full-time experience with meeting and event planning to include experience liaising with sponsors and vendors as well as troubleshooting presentation arrangements. Highly proficient, professional experience in word processing, spreadsheet management, electronic messaging and internet applications (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Google Apps, etc...). Preferred Qualifications:Advanced Degree (foreign equivalent or higher). Experience in Higher Education working with faculty and international populations. Experience organizing highly technical conferences/events. Experience with grant submission. Experience utilizing Social Media to promote a business. Experience maintaining and/or updating a website. Experience proofreading, reviewing and/or editing documents and/or promotional material for accurate use of grammar and content.Brief Description of Duties:This position is responsible for assisting with all aspects of technical conferences and events hosted by the New York State Center of Excellence in Wireless and Information Technology (CEWIT). CEWIT is a next generation research and educational facility whose mission is three-fold: become recognized as a world leader in interdisciplinary research in the emerging, critical technologies of the information age, address the skilled technology worker shortage, and foster new enterprise development. The selected candidate will have excellent interpersonal skills,exercising strong organizational skills with an exceptional attention to detail. Essential for this role is the adeptness to work independently as well as part of a team with a collaborative approach to problem solving.Conferences:
- Assist with all aspects of planning a conference or event hosted by the New York State Center of Excellence in Wireless and Information Technology (CEWIT). Assist with location, food, lodging, transportation, security, and presentation arrangements. Assists with the budget, selection and design, as well as the registration and payment processes. Assist with booking vendors and negotiating their contracts. Responsible for soliciting new and previous industry sponsors for conference fund commitments, assist with creating a budget proposal, and contributing to all conference budget discussions and all post-conference events and compilations. Arrange weekly conference preparation meetings; set-up/arrange for any conference calls [audio or video] as necessary. Compile, distribute and archive meeting minutes. Create and distribute meeting agendas. Collect and organize all submitted conference papers in preparation for publication in Proceedings. Conduct surveys and collect feedback from conference attendees and prepare summary reports. Responsible for continuous updates of all past and present attendee lists, conference email lists, and maintain database. Circulate all announcement dates.
- Assist with creating, implementing, and overseeing communications programs that effectively describe and promote CEWIT including graphics, brochures, or other promotional products. Manage the content for publication. Compose quarterly CEWIT newsletter, website and social network sites; advertise and promote CEWIT activities; plan and prepare stories for online dissemination. Reach out to Directors and Researchers for informative and timely content. Manage information dissemination. Oversee the preparation of presentations and/or speeches. Proofread, review and edit all CEWIT brochures/promotional material for accurate use of grammar and content. Correct any grammatical, spelling, typographical, or compositional errors. Prepare articles from knowledge of topic and editorial position of publication, supplemented by additional study and research. Confirm and verify facts such as statistics, numbers of patents, etc.. Make sure all work follows editorial policies and standards.
- Assist with collecting and maintaining data from CEWIT affiliated researchers, campus departments, partner organizations and incubator tenants; generating summaries and statistics for CEWIT reports and presentations; and facilitating communications between CEWIT and funding agencies and other organizations to ensure timely completion and submission of the reports
- Attend meetings; create, distribute and archive minutes of meetings and/or prepare business reports; assist in joint project review meetings with partners and compile status of ongoing CEWIT projects; assist with composing, updating and editing various Power Point presentations on behalf of CEWIT Directors. Collect, file and document, software program codes and other related materials of CEWIT projects.
- Other duties or projects as assigned such as serve as backup for CEWIT daily office operations including answering and screening phone calls as well as serve as back-up to CEWIT's IT Help Desk including taking calls and recording/initiating trouble tickets.
Official Job Title: Senior Administrative Assistant
Job Field: Administrative & Professional (non-Clinical)
Primary Location: US-NY-Stony Brook
Department/Hiring Area: Economic Development-The Research Foundation for The State University of New York at Stony Brook
Schedule: Full-time Day Shift 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.Economic Development-The Research Foundation for The State University of New York at Stony Brook
Posting Start Date: Oct 11, 2018
Posting End Date: Oct 25, 2018, 11:59:00 PM
Salary: Commensurate with experience within the range of $42,500-$55,000.
Salary Grade: N8