Pharmacology & Neuroscience - 302700
The Institute for Healthy Aging integrates state-of-the-art clinical care, cutting edge-research, innovative education and training, and community engagement, to create solutions for a new era of enduring quality of life.
The Translational Aging Research Program is devoted towards eliminating neurodegenerative diseases. Our team spans basic "bench-top" science, clinical research, community-based research and clinical trials. Our translational approach is intended to foster discovery and expedite those discoveries toward the benefit of those suffering from brain disease. A particular emphasis of TARP is the development of personalized (or person-focused) medicine for Alzheimer's disease.
The Translational Aging Research Program at the University of North Texas Health Science Center is seeking to hire a Research Assistant to join our team.
Responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to:
* Bi-lingual English and Spanish.
* Scheduling of participants into research studies.
* Assist with participant check in system.
* Maintaining supply inventory and order general office supplies for research clinic.
* Work Orders, filing, making packets and labels.
* Walking participants to location on campus for blood draw.
* Retention: mailouts to current participants (thank you,birthday,holiday), verifying prior participants contact info and maintaining all current contact info
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.
The successful candidate will possess the following required qualifications:
* High school education and two (2) years of related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume with their online application.
Commensurate with experience
Mon - Fri, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Application Types Accepted
Occupational Exposure to HIV/HBV?
Occupational Exposure to Hazardous Chemicals?
Occupational Exposure to Tuberculosis?
Require a valid Texas Driver's License?
Require a certification?
Official Job Title
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled