VETERAN SERVICES COORDINATOR
JOB NO.: 95443-AS
Work Type: Staff-Full Time
Categories: Academic Advising, Student Services/Support, Office & Administrative Support, Other
Employment Class: Academic Staff-Renewable
Position Vacancy ID: 95443-AS
Working Title: Veteran Services Coordinator
Official Title: STUDENT SERVICES CORD(T25DN) or ASSOC STU SERV COORD(T25FN)
Anticipated Begin Date: NOVEMBER 15, 2018
Term: This is a renewable appointment.
Minimum $40,000 ANNUAL (12 months)
Depending on Qualifications
Degree and Area of Specialization:
Bachelor's Degree required
Minimum number of years and type of relevant work experience:
- Attention to detail, accuracy, organization, and analytical aptitude
- A customer-service mindset and a desire to foster student success
- Ability to interpret and apply complex regulations and legislation to individual cases
- Technologically adept and data oriented; willing and able to learn new software and data systems
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently, sometimes under pressure with competing priorities and deadlines
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information appropriately
- Ability to work with diverse internal and external audiences with collegiality, patience, curiosity, and humor
- Experience working with veterans and/or other military-affiliated students
- At least one to three years of experience in an advising, student services, financial aid, curricular, or related role in higher education
- Familiarity with student and curricular data in student information systems, degree audit systems, and/or data warehouses
- Experience managing student employees
- Demonstrated experience in administrative process design and improvement
License or certificate:
The Veteran Services Coordinator plays an integral role in supporting the success of student veterans and other military-affiliated students at UW-Madison. As a school certifying official for federal and state veteran benefits, the incumbent is responsible for timely and accurate certification of veteran education benefits in compliance with federal, state, and university regulations and policy. The incumbent also supports student success through advising, advocacy, and programming for veterans and military-affiliated students. The position is housed in the Veteran Services & Military Assistance Center, works alongside the Veteran Services Lead Coordinator, and reports to the Assistant Registrar for Eligibility Services in the Office of the Registrar.
The mission of the Division of Enrollment Management is to strategically strengthen the competitiveness of UW-Madison in achieving enrollment goals and providing information and services to enhance student success. We are committed to the highest standard of service for our students, colleagues, visitors and other customers. Staff will serve as role models by practicing exemplary, respectful and inclusive behaviors in all of our interactions.
Please note that successful applicants are responsible for ensuring their eligibility to work in the United States (i.e. a citizen or national of the United States, a lawful permanent resident, a foreign national authorized to work in the United States without need of employer sponsorship) on or before the effective date of appointment.
Instructions to applicants:
Please click on the 'Apply Now' button. You will be asked to upload a current resume and cover letter briefly describing your qualifications relevant to the position. You will also be asked to provide a document listing contact information for three (3) professional references.
Additional Link: Full Position Details
NOTE: A Period of Evaluation will be Required
The University of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains current campus safety and disciplinary policies, crime statistics for the previous 3 calendar years, and on-campus student housing fire safety policies and fire statistics for the previous 3 calendar years. UW-Madison will provide a paper copy upon request; please contact the University of Wisconsin Police Department.
Advertised: Oct 11 2018 Central Daylight Time
Application Close: Nov 5 2018 11:55 PM Central Standard Time