Nurse Coordinator Clinical/UKHC
The Control Desk Coordinator(CDC) is critical to the smooth operation of the OR. This position works closely with the OR personnel, Anesthesiologist, Medical Director, and Service Line Managers to facilitate daily running of the OR schedule. The CDC manages unit's day to day operations including practice standards and quality improvement. Participates in development of scheduling policies, procedures and schedule preparation. Communicates add-ons, delays, changes, and cancellations to appropriate physicians, managers, staff, and other coordinators. Also participates in staff performance appraisals of the control desk clerk and other personnel as needed.
Nurse Coordinator Clinical/UKHC
RN/Control Desk Coordinator/OR/Chandler
Type of Position
Position Time Status
Required Related Experience
Required License/ Registration/Certification
Current RN license valid to practice in KY, or TWP, or compact state license. BLS from American Heart Association valid for at least 6 months from initial employment date.
The essential functions for this position include the ability to lift, carry, push, and pull 50-100 pounds on a daily basis and 25-50 pounds frequently; as well as stand, walk and sit for long periods of time. The conditions of work may involve exposure to communicable diseases, hazards of radiation, and injury from intractable patients or sharp instruments.
630am til 7pm-(3)-12 hour shifts per week. NO CALL, Some holidays.
Standard Duties that of a Registered Nurse and increased responsibility for coaching, mentoring and assisting other nurses, ORA's, Anesthesia Techs and others within the perioperative services division and within the general surgical service line. Other key skills/knowledge/abilities: excellent IPR and communication skills, ability to direct others and negotiate for desired results. Microsoft Access, Excel
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
BSN preferred. Previous control desk or coordinator experience preferred. Minimum 2 years experience as a RN in Perioperative Services preferred.
Deadline to Apply
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Please indicate your current Nursing Educational Level.
- New Graduate
- PhD or DNP
- * Are you currently employed as a registered nurse at UK HealthCare Chandler/UK HealthCare Samaritan Hospitals?
- * Please indicate your current licensure status.
- Current KY RN License
- Current compact state RN licensure
- Current non-compact state RN licensure
- New Graduate within 6 months or Provisional License
- Valid KY Temporary Work Permit
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare recognizes a set of values that guide us in our daily interactions. By applying for a position within UK Healthcare, you are indicating your commitment and expressing your agreement to our five values. These values are diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork. Please choose one of the UK Healthcare values and give a specific example when you exhibited this quality in your professional experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Where did you first see this position advertised?
- AONE (American Organization of Nurse Executives)
- UK Jobs Website
- Employee Referral
- Print Advertisement
- On-line Advertisement
- Military Connection Advertisement
- Job Fair
- "I'm Interested" page on Nurse Recruitment website
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- Institute for Diversity in Health Management
- None of the Above
- * Please indicate the number of years paid RN work experience when you were responsible for direct patient care in an operating room.
- More than 0, through 1 year
- More than 1, through 3 years
- More than 3, through 5 years
- More than 5 years
- Curriculum Vita
- Cover Letter