Executive Assistant (Human Resources) - Dallas
Requisition Number STA - 201000000669
Job Title Executive Assistant (Human Resources) - Dallas
The University of North Texas System invites applications for the position of Executive Assistant (Human Resources) . The University of North Texas System (UNTS) is a dynamic, growing university system serving primarily the North Texas region. The System campuses include the University of North Texas (UNT) Denton campus, the state's fourth largest university with more than 38,000 students; the UNT Health Science Center at Fort Worth, with 2,362 students; and the UNT at Dallas campus with 3,500 students.
The Human Resources Department at the University of North Texas System is seeking to hire an Executive Assistant (Human Resources) to join our team. This position is responsible for providing executive, administrative, and analytical support to the Chief Human Capital Officers. Assists with special projects, budgetary activities, correspondence, and calendar maintenance. Coordinates the collection and analysis of data and the preparation of materials for meetings and conferences. Coordinates activities on behalf of the Chief Human Capital Officer (CHCO) and acts as a system-wide liaison. Identifies issues or problems and researches solutions within specific management areas. Duties reflect substantial variety and complexity. Assignments are broad in nature and usually require creativity and originality. Serves as a resource for others in the resolution of complex problems and issues.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Provide support managing the HR budget.
- Oversees and provides support in leading HR events and recognition activities.
- Handles purchasing and travel arrangements for the Chief Human Capital Officer and the HR team.
- Manages calendars and assists with scheduling of meetings for the Chief Human Capital Officer and the HR leadership team.
- Manage the process onboarding new HR employees to include submitting the appropriate hiring paperwork and payroll processing components.
- Aids in the management of HR assets and space allocation.
- Takes initiative, works independently and effectively manages projects.
- Manages all situations and circumstances with a high degree of integrity and confidentiality.
- Acts as a liaison between System HR, other Shared Services, and campus customers.
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.
The successful candidate will possess a Bachelor's Degree and three years of highly responsible business management experience; or any equivalent combination of experience, education, and training.
The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:
- Knowledge of accounting/budgeting procedures
- Ability to work under pressure, adjust to constant changes, and manage multiple conflicting priorities
- Ability to keep accurate records, assemble and organize complex data, and to prepare and submit reports in multiple formats
- Ability to execute multiple programs and assignments effectively
- Ability to work on complex and confidential tasks utilizing judgment, tact, and resourcefulness
- Ability to solve complex problems and exercise sound judgement
- Skill in building and maintaining good working relationships
- Knowledge of all areas of human resources with sustained applied knowledge in at least one core area
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, demonstrates flexibility as well as a strong commitment to building and sustaining relationships
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Acrobat
- A working knowledge of PeopleSoft desired
- Performs other duties and responsibilities, as assigned
Physical requirements necessary to perform essential job functions
Work is primarily sedentary. Sits comfortably to do the work; however, there may be some walking, standing, bending, or lifting items weighing up to 15 pounds.
Driving University Vehicle? No
Substitution of Experience/Education Yes
Ending Date (if temporary)
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume, a cover letter and a list of three professional references with their online application.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Texas Workforce Commission
- HigherEd Jobs
- Inside Higher Ed
- Linked In
- Professional Diversity Network
- Company Website
- Job Fair
- Current Employee
- Other (Specify Below)
- Please specify source from above
(Open Ended Question)
- * What is your highest level of completed education?
- High School/GED
- Associate's Degree
- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
- Ph D
- * How many years of experience do you have in this type of position?
- Cover Letter
- Veteran Preference (DD-214)