Special Assistant to Dean For External Relations
Requisition Number STA - 201000000668
Job Title Special Assistant to Dean For External Relations
The University of North Texas at Dallas invites applications for the position of Special Assistant to Dean For External Relations.
The University - the first four-year public institution of higher education in the city - seeks an individual who will help shape the character of a 21st century, teaching-focused university. Candidates should be able to express enthusiastic support for the mission of the university to transform the lives of students, families and communities by providing high-quality, student-focused education in preparation for tomorrow's careers, and its vision to create the place of choice where students are inspired to learn, faculty are inspired to teach and the community is inspired to support. For more information about the university, go to: http://untdallas.edu/
- This posting is a part-time position and is non-benefits eligible
The University of North Texas at Dallas College of Law invites applications for the part-time position of Special Assistant to the Dean for External Relations.
The Special Assistant to the Dean for External Relations reports to the Dean of the UNT Dallas College of Law. As a part-time position, this individual will assist the Dean with community outreach services designed to build awareness, interest, and participation in legal initiatives of the College of Law.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Conduct local community outreach and share information with businesses and groups surrounding the UNT Dallas College of Law campus about potential collaborative opportunities through various means including: phone calls, e-mail, in person meetings, social media, newsletter, newspaper, radio, television.
- Maintain and build relationships with the legal community based organizations to increase awareness of UNT Dallas College of Law.
- Attend and represent the UNT Dallas College of Law at relevant community meetings.
- Assist in identifying community needs and in planning activities and programs to address them.
- Assist in coordinating engagement of UNT Dallas College of Law faculty, staff and students in planning activities and programs to address identified community needs.
- Other duties as assigned by the Dean of the College of Law.
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.
The successful candidate will possess the following required qualifications:
- J.D. degree required.
- Ten years (10) of proven success in higher education setting.
- Ability to travel, work nights and weekends as needed.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity.
- Understanding of UNT Dallas College of Law, philosophy, practice and population.
- Demonstrated ability to work with administrative computer hardware and software.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Demonstrated critical thinking and ability to creatively problem solve.
- Evidence of strong presentation, written, verbal skills and interpersonal communication skill.
Physical requirements necessary to perform essential job functions
Work is primarily sedentary. Sits comfortably to do the work; however, there may be some walking, standing, bending, or lifting items weighing up to 15 pounds.
Driving University Vehicle? No
Substitution of Experience/Education No
Ending Date (if temporary)
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume with their online application.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Texas Workforce Commission
- HigherEd Jobs
- Inside Higher Ed
- Linked In
- Professional Diversity Network
- Company Website
- Job Fair
- Current Employee
- Other (Specify Below)
- Please specify source from above
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you have a J.D. degree?
- * Do you have Ten years (10) of proven success in higher education setting?
- Cover Letter
- Veteran Preference (DD-214)