Department: College Pathway Programs
Location: Metropolitan Campus
Reports To: Prog Mgr, College Success
Recruitment Type: External/Internal
Requisition ID: req229
Employment Type: Part-Time Faculty
Vacancy Number: PT187-18
Union Position: Non-Union
Work Schedule: Monday thru Thursday, 8:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m., June 4-June 28th.
Designs, coordinates, and implements high-interest and relevant mathematics curriculum (pre-algebra, algebra, geometry, pre-calculus, trigonometry, and calculus) for students in grades 9-12. Provide instruction through class lectures, small group instruction and homework assistance. Assist students with developing success strategies as it relates to mathematics (e.g. note taking, study skills, test taking, problem solving, and college & career preparation).
- Create daily lesson plans for instruction, monitor and keep a daily log of student attendance, behavior, and academic development.
- Assess teaching and learning outcomes and provide essential feedback to students and parents.
- Set professional goals with supervisor and monitor progress monthly.
- Provide a comprehensive written evaluation on each participant enrolled in class.
- Develop hands on experiences and participate in field trips.
- Assist in the development of curriculum, needs assessment, and pre and post testing.
- Bachelor's degree
- Previous teaching experience in high school or at a college level in appropriate discipline.
- Ability to implement web-based or general technology applications into instruction
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills
- Experience working with low income and diverse populations
- Sensitivity to respond appropriately to the needs of a diverse population
- Master's degree (preferably in mathematics or mathematics education)
- Training in tutoring strategies and techniques for secondary populations
Special Note:This position is grant funded at Cuyahoga Community College. Appointment is contingent upon continuation of grant funding.
Special Instructions to Applicants: During the application process, you may be required to attach a cover letter and/or resume. It is recommended that you have these documents ready to be attached electronically to the online application. This system accepts only MS Word or PDF attachments. Any employment with the College is contingent upon satisfactory completion of a background check and drug screen.
Affirmative Action Statement: Cuyahoga Community College is committed to attaining excellence through the recruitment and retention of a qualified and diverse workforce. Cuyahoga Community College is an equal employment/educational opportunity institution.