Center for Engaged Learning (CEL) Coordinator
Center for Engaged Learning (CEL) Coordinator
Provides support for the Center for Engaged Learning by:
- Managing data and reports to meet the Engaged Learning and Furman Advantage reporting requirements as requested by Directors and Associate Provost
- Processing financial reimbursements for Internships and Undergraduate Research
- Directing students to appropriate center resources andadvising them about research opportunities
- Coordinating directors' work schedules and calendars including student appointments
- Assisting with web page updates and other communications
- Supervising student workers and center ambassadors
2. Assists in supporting programming and special event planning by:
- Creating and writing invitational documents, mailing lists, confirmation letters, employer materials,
evaluation forms, etc.
- Creating promotional materials for distribution to students, parents, faculty, employers, and other stakeholders (i.e. flyers, advertisements, website, etc.)
- Collaborating with other campus stakeholder groups who serve as co-sponsors of Center events.
Provides administrative support to each office's programs by:
- Coordinating administrative support for summer fellowship and other funded internship processes
- Scheduling faculty review committee and creating meeting materials through CRM (Salesforce)
- Tracking local research and internship fellows with on-campus housing
- Collecting information about non-Summer Fellowship Program summer research from academic departments and provide support for the SCICU program, as requested.
- Assisting in notifying students regarding application status and awards.
- Tracking students doing internships abroad for risk management purposes.
- Preparing consent and agreement forms for fellowship recipients and processing financial paperwork for students and faculty.
- Disseminating on-line evaluation forms to organizations.
- Assisting with compilation of reflections and stories about engaged learning experiences and compiling materials to be shared with Communications.
Assists with Undergraduate Research Office by coordinating with other faculty, departments and institutes (including IACH, Shi Center, Riley Institute, Community Engagement, Medical/Legal, etc.) that provide research projects by exchanging and maintaining information and advising students.
Coordinates Undergraduate Research travel funding program that provides support to students who
apply for and receive funds to present papers, posters, or performances at conferences by:
Title: Program Coordinator, Center for Engaged Learning Date: September 2018
- Explaining guidelines and procedures to students and faculty.
- Rendering decisions on applications that fall within the guidelines.
- Notifying student of awards and Furman travel policies.
- Coordinating the travel arrangements, registration, etc. for the conference.
- Processing financial travel requests and vouchers and consent forms.
Coordinates Study Away activities including identifying students who have previously received scholarships/fellowships across all 3 offices; answering basic questions about programs including those with an internship component.
Completes performance review process with supervisor to understand job performance expectations and how they fit into the department and university goals.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Daily contact with co-workers, local employers, financial services, students and other departments to exchange factual information and explain rules, regulations and practices.
Responsibility for Final Decisions:
Responsible for own work. May assist or instruct others doing similar work; including student workers.
Tasks involve interpretation of data and/or procedures to address problems or situations that are not clearly defined. Work involves non-routine/diverse work not defined by processes.
Errors may be detected within the department or section in which they occur, but may affect the work of others within the unit to trace errors and make corrections.
Reports To: Director of Internships with shared supervision from the Directors of Undergraduate Research and Study Away
Work is performed independently except where the interpretation of law, policy, rule, complex procedure or request for exception is required - is likely to spend 40% of time on Internships/40% on Undergraduate Research and 20% on Study Away.
Bachelor's Degree with 1-2 years' experience in related field, higher education experience preferred but not required.
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; ability to professionally represent the Center to stakeholders and students.
Experience with data management and work processes using Microsoft office software, including Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint required; some experience in web-site and survey software (i.e., Qualtrics), Box, CRM and tools preferred.
Ability to complete forms, maintain data, prepare worksheets and reports and provide information accurately, completely and in a timely manner.
Work is performed under usual office conditions.
Bachelors: Education (Required)
Job Posting End Date (if date is blank, posting is open ended):
To apply, visit https://furman.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Furman_Careers/job/Main-Campus/Center-for-Engaged-Learning--CEL--Coordinator_R000384
Furman is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty and staff. The University aspires to create a community of people representing a multiplicity of identities including gender, race, religion, spiritual belief, sexual orientation, geographic origin, socioeconomic background, ideology, world view, and varied abilities. Domestic partners of employees are eligible for comprehensive benefits.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency