Associate Director of Human Resources
Founded in 1969, Stockton University, New Jersey’s Distinctive Public University, is also one of America’s most distinctive public universities, consistently ranking among the nation’s finest educational institutions and among the top ten public Master’s institutions in the Northeast. Stockton proudly offers the academic, technological, and cultural advantages of a large institution combined with the community spirit of a small liberal arts college. Stockton is noted for combining an outstanding interdisciplinary approach to graduate and undergraduate education with all the qualities of an outstanding employer. We offer a unique vibrant working environment, a wealth of work related opportunities and outstanding employee benefits. Stockton is committed to attracting, encouraging and retaining a qualified workforce to support the mission of the University. The University is located in the Pinelands National Reserve in southern New Jersey, about one hour from Philadelphia, two hours from New York City, three hours from the Baltimore/Washington area, and 20 minutes from Atlantic City. The University’s location, active, stimulating campus life and diverse community make Stockton University a great place to work!
Stockton University is looking for an Associate Director of Human Resources with a comprehensive understanding of local, state and federal employment laws and the ability to make recommendations regarding resolution of employee related issues using sound judgment consistent with University standards, practices, regulations, policies, and procedures. This Position provides HR support for the Division of Facilities and Operations and attends Facilities Management Meetings and labor-management meetings. This role crafts HR solutions for the Division of Facilities and Operations and other University departments in several key areas, such as organizational development, performance management, recruitment, training and development, employee relations, and overall talent management.
Responsibilities, Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrate reliable judgment and critical thinking skills; ability to manage multiple priorities and administer broad range of tasks including resolving complaints, coaching and counseling managers and associates on policies and procedures.
- Develop solutions for employee relations/labor relations issues, critical performance and disciplinary concerns, and change initiatives in conjunction with the relevant managers and employees.
- Implement human resources process by providing recruitment, retention, and staffing, HRIS services and employment processing.
- Collaborate, influence and command the respect and confidence of campus partners and having the capacity to deal with a wide range of relationships and situations.
- Manage multiple projects and competing priorities while balancing the need for quality with meeting deadlines. evidence of self-motivation and ability to work both independently and in teams.
- Perform assessments and makes recommendations regarding restructuring, position reclassifications, etc., reviews DPF-44 submittals for Division of Facilities and Operations.
- Manage key HR processes to ensure that personnel actions and workflows are appropriately documented and executed.
- Possess advanced verbal and written communication skills and the ability to present effectively to small and large groups and facilitate discussion; sound judgment; thoughtfulness; attention to detail; ability to interact with all levels of employees with tact and diplomacy.
- Demonstrate ability to use technology (i.e. MS Office, HRIS systems) to gather, interpret, analyze, and present data.
- Develop and deliver training programs and organizational development in conjunction with the Associate Director of Training and Organizational Development, e.g. facilitates regular scheduled training modules and the development of customized training solutions for Division of Facilities and Operations.
- Manage recruitment/staffing services for the Division of Facilities and Operations (staffing plans, job fairs, staffing initiatives, etc.)
- Recommend reasonable accommodations and facilitates accommodation discussions with all relevant parties, including the employee and manager(s), to discuss, assess, and determine if accommodation is reasonable.
- Conduct exit interviews with transitioning employees. Share information with appropriate individuals such as Recruitment Manager of other internal HR contacts.
- Other duties as assigned by Assistant Vice President of HR Operations and Payroll
- Demonstrate, through past accomplishments and actions, the ability to support Stockton University’s diversity commitment and strong student-centered vision and mission.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 5 years progressive Human Resources experience or
- Minimum of 10 years of progressive Human Resources experience
- Master’s Degree
- Managerial experience in Human Resources
- HR experience at an academic institution
- Strong knowledge/experience with collective bargaining agreements
- Knowledge of Public Employment and Civil Service regulations
- PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP or equivalent certification
Screening of applications begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
To apply please visit: https://stockton.hiretouch.com. Only electronic documents will be accepted. Please complete the on-line application in addition to providing the following required documents. All required documents must be submitted in order for your application to move forward. You may upload documents using; Word or PDF.
- A letter of interest describing specific skills and experiences
- A list of three professional references (included in the application): Name, Organization, Email address and Telephone
- All offers of employment are contingent upon a favorable background check.
- Individuals with disabilities desiring accommodations in the application process should contact: Sharon Hunt, Recruitment Manager at 609-652-4384.
- In accordance with the New Jersey First Act P.L. 2011 c.70, effective September 1, 2011, new public employees in certain positions are required to obtain New Jersey residency within one (1) year of employment. Applicants must meet the requirements listed.
- Prospective employees may access the Annual Security Report for the University at www.stockton.edu/campuspolice or contact the Campus Police department at 609-652-4378 to request a hard copy of the report.
- Stockton University is an equal opportunity institution encouraging a diverse pool of applicants, visit; http://www.stockton.edu/affirmative_action. Additionally, pursuant to Title IX of the Education Amendment of 1972, Stockton University prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex (i.e., which includes but is not limited to the prohibition of sexual misconduct and relationship violence, including sexual assault and harassment) in all of its educational programs and activities.