The Programmer/Analyst position will develop varied solutions working with end-users, database technologists, programmer/analysts and other IT professionals in developing and supporting the business systems of William & Mary.
The position participates in life cycle application deployment to meet the University’s enterprise needs, including: design, development, testing, and implementation.
Working on the Software Systems unit, the Programmer/ Analyst position partners with other IT staff members as necessary (engineering, communications, business office, analysts, and programmers) to provide assistance to non-senior developers, program, and peer review code pre-production.
Specific responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Implement additional software functionality and minor modifications to existing software to meet the needs of functional offices.
- Troubleshoot problems with ERP system, other 3rd party applications, and William & Mary-designed software. Assist in identifying data integrity issues and software design issues.
- Develop and maintain integration’s between disparate systems, both on premise and in the cloud using varying methods such as API’s and flat-file transfers.
- Write and/or modify reports as needed by functional users. Assist functional users in the development and maintenance of reports.
Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field or equivalent education, training or experience.
- Working knowledge of web applications programming.
- Demonstrated knowledge of relational databases and programming with SQL and/or PL/SQL, with the demonstrated ability to develop reports, and /or create enhancements to systems.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Python or other high-level programming language.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Linux shell scripting.
- Knowledge of Ellucian Banner or a similar ERP system.
- Demonstrated skills in systems analysis, application design and programming.
- Knowledge of full life-cycle development, with strong planning and project management skills and the ability to work a project through the cycle.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral & written communication skills with the demonstrated ability to interface with a variety of customers, provide a high level of service and work collaboratively in a dynamic team environment.
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects while sustaining daily operations.
- Experience programming with Python on other high-level programming language using database connections or web-based API’s.
- Experience in database programming with SQL and other database programming tools.
- Experience supporting Oracle, other relational database architectures, or database systems as a programmer and analyst.
- Experience working on moderately complex IT projects with technical responsibilities.
Oracle or other relevant certifications.
Working knowledge of SQL and PL/SQL, Python, Linux shell scripting, PHP.
- Experience in systems analysis, application design and application programming.
- Solid experience programming in Python or other high-level programming language.
- Experience programming in PL/SQL.
- Experience supporting Ellucian Banner or other ERP.
The College of William & Mary values diversity and invites applications from underrepresented groups who will enrich the research, teaching and service missions of the university. The College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and encourages applications from women, minorities, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.