Part-Time Denver Market Fellow, Regional Advancement
This is a non-benefited position not to exceed 1,000 hours in a calendar year.
- Represent the University of Denver in regional market with a focus on growing regional engagement and philanthropic involvement of the alumni, parent and friend community.
- Work autonomously in order to establish contact with alumni and set up one-on-one meetings throughout the region. Engage in strategic conversations with the Pioneer community, engaging them with the University and with other members of the DU family.
- Orchestrate grassroots community-building initiatives that engages hundreds of previously uninvolved alumni as volunteers, corporate partners, and/or donors.
- Help build professional clubs and networks, and inspire alumni and friends to invest their time, talents and resources into the campus.
- Work closely with key alumni and parent volunteers, creating volunteer opportunities and networking events for the Pioneer family.
- Help develop and pilot new events and initiatives in the region to more effectively engage the entire DU community
- Identify and engage alumni and parent champions at companies throughout the region to facilitate corporate sponsorship/hosting of events, and deepen recruiting relationships with campus.
- Manage social media platforms.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Establish and maintain collaborative partnerships with regional and campus-based colleagues; strengthen ties across multiple departments.
- Serve as an active and collaborative partner to all central and unit-based advancement functions and other DU colleagues to foster strategic, effective, and collaborative advancement practices.
- Model "One DU" leadership.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including verbal, written and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, including the ability to work collaboratively with remote colleagues.
- Exceptionally high level of customer service skills.
- Strong sense of professional curiosity.
- Adept at using judgment and discretion in situations that require sensitivity and tact.
- Ability to develop and hone a deep understanding of the University of Denver, and to foster that understanding in a remote capacity.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- 1 year of administrative and/or office experience to include internships, resident assistant, and/or student leadership experience.
- Previous experience connecting diverse entities and understanding the needs of multiple constituencies.
- Familiarity with the University of Denver.
- Experience in student leadership role.
- Part-time, 20 hours per week, flexible scheduling
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) October 17, 2018
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted. Once within the job description online, please scroll to the bottom of the page to apply.
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover Letter
NOTE: The online system is limited to uploading 10 files. Please combine content if necessary to get all content uploaded.
The University of Denver is an affirmative action employer and that age 40 and over, color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or any other applicable status protected by state or local law are not taken into account in any employment decision.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.